Need car transport from Melb to Gold Coast - who do you recommend?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Need car transport from Melb to Gold Coast - who do you recommend?  (Read 10148 times)

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
Hi guys - have been trying to arrange transport from Melbourne to the Gold Coast, had been advised to use CEVA but reading their reviews it sounds pretty bad...
https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/ceva?038382f5-b471-4b9b-9ec2-e8c27dbb15e8%5B0%5D=918cbed3-e162-4d5b-bd44-f9b416f58670&038382f5-b471-4b9b-9ec2-e8c27dbb15e8%5B1%5D=f09c9c38-2bc2-42a2-809d-977e56b0be74
Anyone have any experience with someone they could recommend?
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline 69candy

• Worked
Re: Need car transport from Melb to Gold Coast - who do you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 07:15:54 pm »
i'll drive it up for free
, you pay all expenses and fines and fly me back. Bargin!!

Offline Chris66pny

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Chris
  • Car: 66 Mustang
I used trade car transport from Brisbane to Canberra. They were good, easy to deal with and car arrived safely.

Offline gbader

• Worked
  • SAAC Member
  • Name: Greg
  • Car: 65/66/16
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 10:15:19 am »
Wow, those reviews are bad (and recent as well) - I have used them x3 for cross country over the years (always covered and on one we did the their "race car option" as it needed a lifter rather than drive on because of ride height), but most recent was 12mths ago and it looks like things might have changed

Look on the Mustang FB groups - I know there are "one man bands" that do up/down the east coast and seem to have good reputations

Offline fredm666

• Worked
  • hoping for the best but expecting the worst
  • Name: federico
  • Car: 64.5 D-code - 55 Cusso
I used CEVA twice, the first time was good, the second time was a disaster and for some reasons definitely more expensive, even though cars were similar and route was the same (probably covid tax, who knows). Customer service is based overseas and is useless.

Last year we needed to transport our 4wd and we used Autocare, it went well and no issues. Fair price paid
fred

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 10:41:59 am »
Last year we needed to transport our 4wd and we used Autocare, it went well and no issues. Fair price paid

Autocare - these (https://www.autocaretowingservice.com.au/) guys? They seem to be a local outfit, not nationwide?

Offline fredm666

• Worked
Autocare - these (https://www.autocaretowingservice.com.au/) guys? They seem to be a local outfit, not nationwide?

These guys: https://autocare.com.au/
fred

Offline fredm666

• Worked
Hi guys - have been trying to arrange transport from Melbourne to the Gold Coast, had been advised to use CEVA but reading their reviews it sounds pretty bad...
https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/ceva?038382f5-b471-4b9b-9ec2-e8c27dbb15e8%5B0%5D=918cbed3-e162-4d5b-bd44-f9b416f58670&038382f5-b471-4b9b-9ec2-e8c27dbb15e8%5B1%5D=f09c9c38-2bc2-42a2-809d-977e56b0be74
Anyone have any experience with someone they could recommend?

How did you go with your car transport?
I had to leave the garage I was renting in Sydney, so I’m shipping my ‘64 coupe to Perth (as it is cheaper than renting a storage in Sydney).
Unfortunately I’m using Ceva, because Autocare, the company we used for our 4wd, is not doing cars over 30yrs old. I got another 3 quotes, but I decided to use Ceva because it was the only one with a precise pick up time, which I needed. Other companies didn’t give me that, or were incredibly expensive ($5k and over). So far they picked the car up at the requested time, we’ll see how the rest goes…
fred

Offline JackRussel

• L Plates
  • Hi all!
  • Name: Jack
  • Car: Toyota Landcruiser
How did you go with your car transport?
I had to leave the garage I was renting in Sydney, so I’m shipping my ‘64 coupe to Perth (as it is cheaper than renting a storage in Sydney).
Unfortunately I’m using Ceva, because Autocare, the company we used for our 4wd, is not doing cars over 30yrs old. I got another 3 quotes, but I decided to use Ceva because it was the only one with a precise pick up time, which I needed. Other companies didn’t give me that, or were incredibly expensive ($5k and over). So far they picked the car up at the requested time, we’ll see how the rest goes…

$5000? Very expensive indeed. Thank you for the good review of Ceva. I'll have to use it too.

Offline fredm666

• Worked
$5000? Very expensive indeed. Thank you for the good review of Ceva. I'll have to use it too.

Good review, I’m not too sure. Maybe just average. Customer service, based offshore, is useless and you always need to ask to redirect the call to someone in Australia if you need proper information.
Three transports with them:
- first time, Perth to Sydney for my ‘64 Mustang in 2017; no major drama, just car very dirty at pick up.
- second time, Sydney to Perth for a ‘01 Cobra in Aug 2020; plenty of issues with timeframe and customer service offshore, as said above they are completely useless. Car arrived completely wet inside, apparently in their Perth depot they forgot front window open during storage in open air (and it was a rainy winter). Car soaked inside and they did not take responsibility.
- third time, Sydney to Perth for the same ‘64, last month; booked on 01/12 for pick up on 03/12 and delivery on 31/12. A week delay so car picked up today at their depot, car more than dirty (to be honest it was fairly dirty before pick up in Sydney). Also 5/7 scratches on left side (door and fender), biggest is 8x8mm and smallest 2x2mm; I pointed out before signing the paperwork, Ceva lady took photos and they will provide a feedback within 4 weeks.

I will use them in the future? Probably, they are one of the few companies transporting car over 30yo. Am I going to suggest them? No, I would suggest to do some research with quotes first, then speak with Ceva.
fred

Offline Pony73

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Wayne Beard
  • Car: 73 convertible
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2022, 06:33:19 am »
Not sure if this has been sorted or not but I bought my 73 convertible in late October from Forster and had it transported to Penrith by Tony at Central Coast Car Transporters, ultra professional, runs east coast constantly. 0409448660

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2022, 10:54:54 pm »
Well, I used Car Transport Express in the end, Cobra was due to be picked up on the 17th. I left it with a parking company I know and have used for 20 years and they know and like the car so I trust them with it.

Car shipping was contracted out to Reardon’s Towing and after an aborted collection on the 23rd (car is lowered, truck wasn’t set up for a lowered car and I paid a premium for lowered car transport) it was collected on the 24th. Originally due here on the 7th it’s now due in Brizzy on the 14th so not sure when it’ll get to the Gold Coast.
But Reardon’s have been reasonably responsive and based on the GC, so we’ll see how the car is when delivered.

Fingers crossed.

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2022, 10:42:20 am »
Ok - car turned up and it’s great.
Not a mark in it and other than a flat battery, it’s all good!
Happy chappie

Offline fredm666

• Worked

- third time, Sydney to Perth for the same ‘64, last month; booked on 01/12 for pick up on 03/12 and delivery on 31/12. A week delay so car picked up today at their depot, car more than dirty (to be honest it was fairly dirty before pick up in Sydney). Also 5/7 scratches on left side (door and fender), biggest is 8x8mm and smallest 2x2mm; I pointed out before signing the paperwork, Ceva lady took photos and they will provide a feedback within 4 weeks.

I will use them in the future? Probably, they are one of the few companies transporting car over 30yo. Am I going to suggest them? No, I would suggest to do some research with quotes first, then speak with Ceva.

Update on my third transport with Ceva. They scratched the car as mentioned above but they are not taking any responsibilities, as expected. They said it was marked in their pick up form, but it was not; also they marked 2 wheels as "scratched" in the same form, but wheels are not marked or scratched.
I pointed that out and they ghosted me....
Also they took 3 weeks to reply to my first communication.

Honestly I will try to not use them in the future and I cannot recommend them to others.
fred

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
ok - now looking for an enclosed car trailer transporter - my car is 99% complete but needs to be loaded into a trailer and bought up.
I did contact an outfit that does this but I've lost their details - anyone know of a non-stop roll-on-roll-off service?

Thanks

Offline fredm666

• Worked
ok - now looking for an enclosed car trailer transporter - my car is 99% complete but needs to be loaded into a trailer and bought up.
I did contact an outfit that does this but I've lost their details - anyone know of a non-stop roll-on-roll-off service?

Thanks

Unfortunately I don’t know anyone for enclosed transport, but I can recommend one thing: try to not use Ceva
fred

Offline Dingo80

• Worked
Interestingly I have been thinking about this as a business idea lately. Buying a nice closed in trailer and doing specialty cars but not sure of the market in Perth. Wouldn't really look to West-East coast trips but just around locally and maybe into the southwest or something. You see some pretty nice trailers in the US that have kind of retractable tarpaulin sides and roof that can be slid open to expose the entire car.

What are your guys thoughts on this?
Kind of like this, without all the fire. Haha
https://www.loadcoveringtrailers.com/fendertrailers/fire1.jpg
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 09:40:22 am by Dingo80 »

Offline fredm666

• Worked
Interestingly I have been thinking about this as a business idea lately. Buying a nice closed in trailer and doing specialty cars but not sure of the market in Perth. Wouldn't really look to West-East coast trips but just around locally and maybe into the southwest or something. You see some pretty nice trailers in the US that have kind of retractable tarpaulin sides and roof that can be slid open to expose the entire car.

What are your guys thoughts on this?
Kind of like this, without all the fire. Haha
https://www.loadcoveringtrailers.com/fendertrailers/fire1.jpg

That is not a bad business idea, but in Perth probably you don’t have the market for it, at least as main activity. Maybe you can have the occasional run down south to Margs or Albany.
fred

Offline Dingo80

• Worked
That is not a bad business idea, but in Perth probably you don’t have the market for it, at least as main activity. Maybe you can have the occasional run down south to Margs or Albany.

Yeh agree.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2022, 08:56:11 pm »
How did it go Jeff?  Car ok and would you pass on who did the job?

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2022, 09:44:27 am »
Hi Craig - sorry, you’re right - I should have done this.

Went with Adrian’s suggestion and rang Dan’s Enclosed Towing. Phenomenal service, friendly, a car-guy, one carrier door to door and very, very thorough.

If you’re going any distance with a nice car that you want to stay that way, I’d recommend Dan everyday and twice on weekends.

https://youtube.com/shorts/H7LM0OAAu8U?feature=share

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2023, 12:23:14 pm »
Hey Jeff, is the car getting used?

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2023, 12:34:28 pm »
yes, have hit 550 kms now.

Running well, concentrating on the A/C + PDB + 427 in the Galaxie at the moment

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2023, 02:14:56 pm »
Nice, you'll have to send some pics once the engine and everything's done..