Technical & General Discussion Area > General Chat Room

Need car transport from Melb to Gold Coast - who do you recommend?

<< < (2/6) > >>

jiffy:

--- Quote from: fredm666 on November 16, 2021, 02:41:45 pm ---Last year we needed to transport our 4wd and we used Autocare, it went well and no issues. Fair price paid

--- End quote ---

Autocare - these (https://www.autocaretowingservice.com.au/) guys? They seem to be a local outfit, not nationwide?

fredm666:

--- Quote from: jiffy on November 18, 2021, 10:41:59 am ---Autocare - these (https://www.autocaretowingservice.com.au/) guys? They seem to be a local outfit, not nationwide?

--- End quote ---

These guys: https://autocare.com.au/

fredm666:

--- Quote from: jiffy on November 15, 2021, 01:30:00 pm ---Hi guys - have been trying to arrange transport from Melbourne to the Gold Coast, had been advised to use CEVA but reading their reviews it sounds pretty bad...
https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/ceva?038382f5-b471-4b9b-9ec2-e8c27dbb15e8%5B0%5D=918cbed3-e162-4d5b-bd44-f9b416f58670&038382f5-b471-4b9b-9ec2-e8c27dbb15e8%5B1%5D=f09c9c38-2bc2-42a2-809d-977e56b0be74
Anyone have any experience with someone they could recommend?

--- End quote ---

How did you go with your car transport?
I had to leave the garage I was renting in Sydney, so I’m shipping my ‘64 coupe to Perth (as it is cheaper than renting a storage in Sydney).
Unfortunately I’m using Ceva, because Autocare, the company we used for our 4wd, is not doing cars over 30yrs old. I got another 3 quotes, but I decided to use Ceva because it was the only one with a precise pick up time, which I needed. Other companies didn’t give me that, or were incredibly expensive ($5k and over). So far they picked the car up at the requested time, we’ll see how the rest goes…

JackRussel:

--- Quote from: fredm666 on January 03, 2022, 06:12:50 pm ---How did you go with your car transport?
I had to leave the garage I was renting in Sydney, so I’m shipping my ‘64 coupe to Perth (as it is cheaper than renting a storage in Sydney).
Unfortunately I’m using Ceva, because Autocare, the company we used for our 4wd, is not doing cars over 30yrs old. I got another 3 quotes, but I decided to use Ceva because it was the only one with a precise pick up time, which I needed. Other companies didn’t give me that, or were incredibly expensive ($5k and over). So far they picked the car up at the requested time, we’ll see how the rest goes…

--- End quote ---

$5000? Very expensive indeed. Thank you for the good review of Ceva. I'll have to use it too.

fredm666:

--- Quote from: JackRussel on January 06, 2022, 12:19:29 am ---$5000? Very expensive indeed. Thank you for the good review of Ceva. I'll have to use it too.

--- End quote ---

Good review, I’m not too sure. Maybe just average. Customer service, based offshore, is useless and you always need to ask to redirect the call to someone in Australia if you need proper information.
Three transports with them:
- first time, Perth to Sydney for my ‘64 Mustang in 2017; no major drama, just car very dirty at pick up.
- second time, Sydney to Perth for a ‘01 Cobra in Aug 2020; plenty of issues with timeframe and customer service offshore, as said above they are completely useless. Car arrived completely wet inside, apparently in their Perth depot they forgot front window open during storage in open air (and it was a rainy winter). Car soaked inside and they did not take responsibility.
- third time, Sydney to Perth for the same ‘64, last month; booked on 01/12 for pick up on 03/12 and delivery on 31/12. A week delay so car picked up today at their depot, car more than dirty (to be honest it was fairly dirty before pick up in Sydney). Also 5/7 scratches on left side (door and fender), biggest is 8x8mm and smallest 2x2mm; I pointed out before signing the paperwork, Ceva lady took photos and they will provide a feedback within 4 weeks.

I will use them in the future? Probably, they are one of the few companies transporting car over 30yo. Am I going to suggest them? No, I would suggest to do some research with quotes first, then speak with Ceva.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version