Technical & General Discussion Area > Importing Cars & Parts - General Freight

Has anyone used DAZMAC and Oceans LA recently?

(1/4) > >>

066FRD:
Hey everyone, this will be my first post here.

I have found and committed to a 1966 Coupe in Arizona and I am currently in the process of sorting out the fine art of importing her to beautiful Brisbane.

I messaged a member on here about their use of Dazmac and have yet to see a reply... but that is okay.

Has anyone here used either of these companies? DAZMAC is the Australian end and they use Oceans LA in US.

I have seen the horror reviews on FB etc of personal items being stolen during freight interstate etc.
The car will only have some minor parts in the boot (suspension items) and zero personal items.

And I have read the threads of using other companies on here and the damage (the swinging brake taking out a windscreen wtf....and the oil and fuel spill in the interior...also wtf)

I will be requesting a container as I don't want RO/RO at all. But the above obviously shows not even they can be deemed "safe".

Again, g'day, and thanks for any info you legends can give. The anxiety is doing my head in.

066FRD:
I forgot to mention besides the importer I am doing this alone...
ROVER still has not verified my account yet so my import application is still pending.
I can't and also do not want to pay the invoice to begin shipping until the application is approved...obviously.

The US seller has been great in regards to Title, accepting payment from the import company etc.

I'll keep everyone updated as it goes alone.

pgold:
Welcome to the forum 066FRD.  I also live in Moggill you may have seen my Gulfstream aqua 69 sportsroof at Colleges Crossing Cars Bikes and Coffee? I should be there next Sunday morning.

gbader:
I used these guys - https://www.facebook.com/americawest66/ - my car shared a container with a nice Pantera (know a few that have used them - they are WA based but pretty sure they do AU wide)

Check on items in the car (what's allowed), I had a couple of small boxes jammed in behind the seats but couldn't fill the boot (but they can also bring in separate parts/boxes with the car in the container)

cheers

066FRD:

--- Quote from: pgold on October 04, 2021, 05:13:46 pm ---Welcome to the forum 066FRD.  I also live in Moggill you may have seen my Gulfstream aqua 69 sportsroof at Colleges Crossing Cars Bikes and Coffee? I should be there next Sunday morning.

--- End quote ---

Hi pgold, thanks for the reply and the welcome.
I don't think I've seen yours but i will definitely be keeping an eye out now, sounds like a beautiful car.
I will try and attend at Colleges this Sunday and come say hey if I see your car.

--- Quote from: gbader on October 05, 2021, 10:36:49 am ---I used these guys - https://www.facebook.com/americawest66/ - my car shared a container with a nice Pantera (know a few that have used them - they are WA based but pretty sure they do AU wide)

Check on items in the car (what's allowed), I had a couple of small boxes jammed in behind the seats but couldn't fill the boot (but they can also bring in separate parts/boxes with the car in the container)

cheers

--- End quote ---

Hey gbader thanks for the option, I have checked them out. I am fairly sure the rubber suspension items are fine but I will check that out. Thanks for the reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version