Technical & General Discussion Area > Restomods

Shelby drop.

(1/11) > >>

AussiePhil:
Hey all,
I’m going to do the Shelby drop soon!
I got the dimensions for the template of the internet.
I made the template this afternoon.
You can’t believe how hard it is to get the holes exact, even though I’m a fitter and turner and have a mill plate and used centre drills! Two holes were 1/16” short of the 1”
The problem I had was centre popping all four holes, could have scribed the lines better!

I searched Shelby drop and found an old old post about wheel alignment settings.
Thanks to Shaunp I found.
1/8" toe in.
-0.5 deg camber.
min of +3deg caster, if it has PS give it as much caster as you get up to +5. More caster the more stable it is in a straight line.
Thanks for the details, is this still current thinking.
Cheers Phil.

AussiePhil:
Hey, this is my template!
It was a rusty old bent piece i had!
Cheers Phil

Clubman7:
https://forum.mustang.org.au/index.php?topic=10468.0
Some light reading.

AussiePhil:
Hey, thanks Brett!
I did a bit of light reading, I did some reading some time ago and this article reminded me about the ball joint binding.
I’ll do something about that, may fit the wedge kit anyhow.
I’m always working on my car, but under Covid lockdown I’ve been really getting stuck into it.
Making and fitting engine coil covers, Making and fitting subframe connectors, lifting the mufflers into the body cut away better, fitted a tailshaft loop, modifying 12” AVO coil over dampers to 14” and adapting to fit larger diameter coil springs and soon to fit larger supercharger pulley to slow up the supercharger, it’s spinning to fast, to much torque (705Nm) for my Borg Warner WC T5 gearbox (not that it reduce it dramatically) and raising the engine rpm to 6000 from 5300, will also extend supercharger life.

Cheers Phil.

scollist:
Hi Phil.

I installed Moog balljoints upper ball joints on my 65 when I redid the front.  My understanding is that they are engineered to compensate for the binding that the Shelby drop may cause.  So might be worth looking at instead of using the wedge kit.

Cheers
Shane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version