Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque Pre 1973

RHD Conversion

(1/4) > >>

70-4V:
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum & I have a 1970 Mach1. I have driven left hand drive before and decided its not for me so  I am wanting to convert my car to RHD but need to get a drag link cut/welded to suit an XF Falcon power steer box. Can anyone tell me who does this or where I can get it done properly in Brisbane? Does anyone have templates for mounting the steering box? I also need help on where to cut the dash for an air conditioned car & how to mirror the A/C unit? Any help of any kind would be appreciated as I want it done properly & safely.

Ross

SXTY8:
I looked into the RRS system for my 68 but never followed through with it, but about 12 months ago I fitted the CRS power rack and pinion setup to my HZ one tonner.
Having experienced the steering box/drag link system on plenty of older cars, I've come to the conclusion that it's well worth the extra dollars to have an older car that steers like a modern one by fitting rack and pinion steering.
In my opinion it doesn't make a lot of sense spending money on an outdated steering setup.

scollist:
70-4V - Shaunp (Shaun Power) on this forum has been a huge wealth of information on RHD setups on old Mustangs. I believe he has his own business in Wynnum QLD.

You could search through his old posts, especially about getting drag-links made.

Try and contact him though messaging - though he hasn't been active for quite a while.  GLENN 70 also might have some info on Shaun.

GEOFF289:

--- Quote from: scollist on May 06, 2021, 12:15:41 pm ---70-4V - Shaunp (Shaun Power) on this forum has been a huge wealth of information on RHD setups on old Mustangs. I believe he has his own business in Wynnum QLD.

You could search through his old posts, especially about getting drag-links made.

Try and contact him though messaging - though he hasn't been active for quite a while.  GLENN 70 also might have some info on Shaun.

--- End quote ---

Shaun also used to be even more active on the other forum https://www.mustangtech.com.au/ so it'd be worth looking there too. As Shane says, he knows a lot about this subject (and most others).

He can also be found on FB https://www.facebook.com/shaun.t.power

70-4V:
Thanks guys for the responses.
SXTY8 - I agree with you about upgrading to a rack & haven't totally excluded the idea. However I have spent many years & many dollars replacing just about every panel on this car from the floor to the roof & gutters, so I find it hard to justify the expense. I still have paint, engine/transmission, interior to do as well.

scollist & GEOFF289 - I have read many old posts & yes Shaun seems to be the go-to man. I have actually sent him a message through this forum ( provided I did it right) but haven't had a response yet. Interesting link for the other forum, I hadn't heard of it. I'm not much of a facebook fan but might try Glenn 70 when I get a chance.....thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version