Technical & General Discussion Area > General Chat Room

Reputable car importers

<< < (2/3) > >>

gbader:
I used these guys - https://www.facebook.com/americawest66 and know quite a few people that have (no issues), they are WA based but believe they ship everywhere

As others have said, the challenge is finding the right car (as more importantly, having trust in the seller because at some point you are likely to part with your $ before you take the car). I ended up purchasing via ebay (and private), had all the potential to go pair shaped but owner was good (and identifiable, linkedin etc - was a well know guy, not about to blow his reputation over a 30k)

Summary - my theory is (and flame suit on)

Cheap - go local (coupe, project car etc)
Rare ish - import (race, FB etc - more choice state side)
Expensive - go local (shelby, boss) - the LCT kills the benefit

cheers

Dwayne:
And the accountant in me says:

Always confirm the banking details via a couple of different methods. Always pick up the phone and actually speak to them personally as well.

Never trust banking details provided via email, as I personally know of many examples of emails being intercepted and false account details being sent instead. Once the money is on it's way, you'll never get it back again!!!!!!!!!!!!

GLENN 70:
If I were to import a car it would be from southern CA for starters and I would ask if Barnett would check the car or find one and pay him a fee  no problems . I trust Mike and have bought cars off him before

barnett468:

--- Quote from: GLENN 70 on March 05, 2021, 11:52:12 am ---If I were to import a car it would be from southern CA for starters and I would ask if Barnett would check the car or find one and pay him a fee  no problems . I trust Mike and have bought cars off him before

--- End quote ---

I miss that wicked supercharged camaro, lol.

GLENN 70:
So do I   :grin: . And we don’t talk chev here it’s a mustang site  :grin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version