Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque Pre 1973

a little panel/paint advice

<< < (2/2)

seany-boy:
so I think I got lucky with the panel/paint guy. A young guy in Bayswater who has been doing a great job, his brother is the main painter so they keep it all in the family. They were happy to work with our choice of products and even process. Been up and inspected every step with my son who was a qualified spray painter previously, done a great job on the body and about to get the car back to start the re-assembly. Will give it the real once over when back but so far could not have been happier.
Went to someone who was previously recommended a couple of times on the forum only to be told 'I don't do big jobs like that any more' so I think it is getting harder to find the competent and willing!

jiffy:
Sure looks good

barnett468:
Look nice but it's too late now to properly repair the doors, which involves using acid to de-rust them, but you may be able to lightly sand blast the inside of them along the bottom then epoxy primer them then spray ruberized undercoating inside along the bottom to make them waterproof. some undercoatings will stick to bare metal as well.

seany-boy:
cheers Barnett,

The door were taken off and attacked while off the car. They have come up well, re-assembly ongoing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version