2002 Cobra Terminator swap.... (sold now)

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2002 Cobra Terminator swap.... (sold now)  (Read 394 times)

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
2002 Cobra Terminator swap.... (sold now)
« on: February 07, 2024, 09:55:43 am »
I thought I would put up the text from the 'for sale' post of my old 2002 Cobra that I sold mid-2002 - before the for-sale ad disappears..

I bought my 2002 Cobra new, back in 2003, and it's a blast - I've done a lot of upgrades over the years to make it look how I wanted, and to go how I wanted. It's a full-on 2003/04 Terminator Cobra swap and there's maybe 2 or 3 in Australia at this spec - it's no longer 'just' a Tickford converted Cobra any more.

If you didn't know what is a Terminator Cobra is, it's described here: https://www.steeda.com/what-is-a-terminator-cobra

In my mind, it's a Cobra that goes as fast as it looks. Power at the tires is 570rwhp (423kw) and 971NM. If you want to do a skid, it will.

I've swapped out the drivetrain - engine and gearbox - and all other associated parts from a US Terminator donor car, to make it as close to a 03/04 Terminator Cobra as we would have got here if they had been released.

Engine, gearbox, air/water intercooler, gauge cluster with boost gauge, ECU, wiring harnesses, 40a Boost-a-pump, twin fuel pumps, JLT cold air intake, Accufab single blade throttle body, aluminium driveshaft, SCT 2400 MAF etc plus a custom tune with an SCT X4-Cal. A few years back the rear-end was changed to 3.73:1 and the rear was rebuilt, then I swapped the little Eaton Supercharger they were fitted with at the factory with a reconditioned Whipple 2.3L Twin-screw Gen2 blower, bigger injectors etc, and this is the configuration that it's running now.

I have a smaller blower pulley to take boost from 15lbs to 22lbs for which it'll need E85 but you'll be at around 700rwhp, but E85 is consumed at a faster rate so be careful $$

Exterior has lots of changes - 2003/4 Cobra front and rear bumpers, hood (with twin air vents), rear spoiler, wheels and Brembo brakes from a 2000 Cobra R, 2003/4 Cobra side scoops (vast improvement over the originals), perfect 2003/4 Cobra seats (electric both sides), car is in great shape inside and out.

Terminator Engines are the business - factory Supercharged with water/air intercooler, cast iron cross-bolted block, Manley H-beam rods, forged pistons, steel crankshaft etc all from the factory. Good for 1000hp if you put in head studs instead of bolts.

There's only one or maybe two of these in the country and the 03/04 is about as good looking as they made these cars. - getting parts form the US is easy, most of this stuff is available online.

Probably not a patch on a new Mustang with a blower, but you'll never pull up next to another 03/04 Cobra in Australia either.

Here's a video I took when I was sellig it - the buyer was interested in "how did it go" before he flew down for it.
https://youtu.be/9z4cf7K4HAk?si=zGSPxjpWHtRiSMT_ - sorry about the commentary, but - ah well, you get the idea, my son was the cameraman...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 11:35:18 am by jiffy »
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Re: 2002 Cobra Terminator swap.... (sold now)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 03:36:39 pm »
That is a gorgeous car and I bet the buyer was a very happy new owner

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
Re: 2002 Cobra Terminator swap.... (sold now)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 05:05:14 pm »
Yup - I replaced all the rear suspension joints and steering rack-ends prior to pick-up, so he's had 18 trouble-free months as far as I know.

Spoken to him a couple of times, pretty sure he's happy with it....
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)