'73 Mach 1 for under $40 k. SOLD WITH THANKs.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: '73 Mach 1 for under $40 k. SOLD WITH THANKs.  (Read 8704 times)

Offline 188 LVU

• Stallion
'73 Mach 1 for under $40 k. SOLD WITH THANKs.
« on: March 10, 2020, 12:40:28 pm »
O K folks - luv 'em or hate 'em ?  Genuine '73 Mach 1 - last of the first gen cars, built in December 1972.
Moving back to N Z and can't take it with me.   :cry:

VIN is 3F05H155490.  [i]Currently listed on Mackay Region GUMTREE cars for sale.[/i]

Ad now removed as car is sold.

Please see link below and pics kindly added by members here.

Still LHD and has been refreshed using original items ( e.g. date correct radio & steering wheel ) or endorsed repro parts.
New deluxe door panels & front seats re-upholstered, full Mach 1 options including gauges, fold down rear seat, working a/c,
p s, p b, 351 C, 4V Ram-Air intake, twin exhaust, FMX, 9 " standard rear, 15" Chrome Magnum 500's, with good tyres.

If you are seriously / genuinely interested, please pick up the 'phone and talk to me.  Can email more pics & details on request.   Prefer to sell in Queensland for easy re-location and D o T compliance etc.    Balance of Qld rego to Jan 2021 included in price.

Priced at $38,500 ex Mackay, Qld.  Prepared to discuss justifiable offers subject to inspection & test drive with unbiased assistance available for third party inspection if required.

Current exchange rate will mean not too many of these cars imported in near future - no depreciation, money in the bank.

'phone number is 07 4954 9465.  Call any day, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.  Please leave a message if not answered.  I'll get back to you.
Thanks for going through all this.  Hope to hear from you soon.
PKJ
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 11:56:11 am by 188 LVU »

Offline AussiePhil

• Worked
  • Name: Phil
  • Car: 68 Coupe
Re: '73 Mach 1 for $42 k.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 02:24:06 am »
Hi, if you're having trouble posting photos it may help to take a photo from further out then crop it reduce the MB.
I've done this before and it's helped.
Cheers Phil.
If you've never buggered anything you've never done anything!
But if you've buggered a lot maybe you're not very good at it!

Two for one is good but four for two is better!

Offline 188 LVU

• Stallion
Re: '73 Mach 1 for $40 k. REVISED JUNE 1st.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 02:23:15 pm »
 Seeking constructive feedback on this ad please.

To date, 529 views here, 1277 on Gumtree.  But no tangible replies.  What's the problem ? 

No photos on this ad - too much trouble to check others ?
Is the price too high ? 
Do folks just not like the 71 - 73 models ?
Don't like the colour ?
Too far away from major markets ?
Bad time financial stress to buy collector cars ?

Will be on carsales.com next so any advice welcomed.  Send P M if you prefer.
Thanks to all.

Offline nickd

• Worked
  • MOCA Vic Member 924
  • Name: Nick
  • Car: 1965 Coupe
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 05:21:49 pm »
If you are having trouble putting photos on here, at least put a link to the photos on other sites.

Offline 6t9m1

• Thoroughbred

Offline 188 LVU

• Stallion
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 08:28:56 am »
Legend, thank you.  Just need to consider other options and decide what comes next.  Please spread the word.

Happy daze. :smile01:

Offline 67FBGT

• Blue Printed
  • Car: 1967
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 08:46:05 am »
Not feasible to take it back with you to NZ? The Mustang club, classic car and hotrod scene is pretty strong over there as I'm sure you'd know.  :cheers:  Yours is a nice looking Stang to be sure, in a stand-out colour IMO.

Offline 188 LVU

• Stallion
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 03:54:52 pm »
Thanks for the kind words.  By adding freight to the cost so far I'd be in a deeper hole.  I was Pres of Auckland Mustang club for a few years and still keep in touch with some current owners.  Also aware of the B S involved in taking a car in so have decided it is not worth the hassle.  Looking for a good home here with someone who will keep up the T L C and do it justice.

Apologies for a long reply to a simple response.
All good.
PKJ 

Online jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
Re: '73 Mach 1 for $40 k. REVISED JUNE 24th.
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 11:19:26 am »

Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
Re: '73 Mach 1 for under $40 k. REVISED SEPTEMBER 5th.
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 06:10:08 pm »
Genuine Mach 1, last of the Big Horses, nice color, looks solid and clean, if no rust, would say it's even under valued.  This would sell quickly in the US as these have taken off many years ago.  For what you get, these cars are pound for pound a great deal.  Bummer if you need to sell quicker if you have a departure date to stick to otherwise I would sit on it and wait for a decent offer, wouldn't sell mine for less than $50k TBH but a lot of work has been put into it.  Good luck and unfortunately your loss may be someone else's very good deal.

Offline 188 LVU

• Stallion
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 08:21:55 am »

Thanks for the positive feedback. Just Cars condition 2 suggests price around $44 k when I did my homework.  Buyer calls the shots.

I'm in no hurry as Aust & N Z travel restrictions are still in place.  Not going back to spend two weeks in a hotel at my expense.
We're good.
PKJ 

Offline jbb

• Stallion
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 08:59:56 pm »
Nice looking car.
price is reasonable, but probably won't get more than 35K

nothing against car itself, but i don't think the colour is popular.

mostly the issue is the lack of people in Aus that like that model mustang, thats all.

Offline stevosky

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 09:13:36 pm »
mostly the issue is the lack of people in Aus that like that model mustang, thats all.

I don't believe that, just a week ago I had somebody picking something up from me and when they saw mine they told me to call them if I decided to sell. I think money is just real tight at the moment.
Steve

1973 Mach 1

Offline Machine

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 08:35:23 pm »
In hope i showed the missus (it's for her). Big no. They are definitely not as popular as the earlier models.
That being said it's a nice car mate. Good luck.

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2020, 05:37:59 pm »
I don't believe that, just a week ago I had somebody picking something up from me and when they saw mine they told me to call them if I decided to sell. I think money is just real tight at the moment.

Yeah, you’re right.   They have their fans and people who think they’re not popular is simply their perception, especially if they’ve never experienced one.  I had a ’69 Mach 1 myself but like you and people admiring our cars, wanted one of these Big Bad Boys real bad.  Fewer of them around, more rare, better engineered than the earlier cars and these sexy Ford coupes of the early Seventies including Torino’s and Falcon’s are in high demand.  Our cars have been so popular in the States that they’ve matched early cars values pound for pound for a while now and I love the fact that they are not as common as the early cars.  That’s why we get people stop and stare at these big sexy coupes.  In fact, some people haven’t cottoned on to the fact that these cars have the same drivetrains as the Falcon coupes which are roughly double the price and I reckon our ‘Stangs are better looking as they look tighter and less bulky but you have the same power and can fit the same fat rubber under the wheel arches.  Like all classic Stangs, they sell very well if they’re in good shape and you can confidently ask for higher prices.  Hopefully, locals soon work out you don’t have to pay crazy money for a Falcon coupe for a similar, better looking car, in my eyes.

Offline 188 LVU

• Stallion
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 09:02:31 am »
Howdy all.  Just an update on this ad.  So far, over 7500 " views " across this & the Gumtree posts.  Several responses who have genuinely bailed out and a few others who have just vanished so I assume also gone. 

Looking on the 7173mustangs USA site, demand & prices are certainly escalating for whatever reasons.  The price I have on this car is under what it owes me but that's the name of the game.  The concept of the " big horse " is a bit off as they are only a few inches longer or wider due to the front bumper design & engine bay built to house a 429 stump puller.

I'm confident it will go to a good home eventually.
All good.  Happy daze.
PKJ

Offline Megzee67

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Michael
  • Car: 1967 Mustang Coupe
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 01:19:49 pm »
Hi PKJ, There is no doubt some lucky bugger will take this beauty off of your hands one day......anyone gifted with style would be super proud to be driving this beast around.......lovely car mate...
Most people don't listen with the intent to understand
They listen with the intent to reply.

Offline 188 LVU

• Stallion
Re: '73 Mach 1 for under $40 k. SOLD WITH THANKs.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 11:58:33 am »
The deal is done - off to a new home.  Certainly a challenge over time and tight money situations.
I'll continue to watch this site & participate where possible.
Take care.
PKJ

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2020, 06:09:34 pm »
Well done m8.  Alot of car with a lot of features is a steal at that price.  Looked in good shape too.

Makes a Falcon coupe look a tad over priced in comaprison !!!

Offline 67FBGT

• Blue Printed
  • Car: 1967
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2020, 08:24:35 pm »
He may or may not quite realize it yet but that's one lucky new custodian.

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2020, 05:13:05 pm »
Couldn't agree more.  Looks great in that color and in good shape going by the pics.  Hope the new owner realises how lucky they are and keeps it in good nik, and can spend the extra money on a good bottle of bubbly !!