Classifieds by Forum Members > Cars For Sale By Private Sellers

2011 Shelby GT 500 & 1968 Shelby GT500 KR-For Sale

<< < (2/3) > >>

jack67fb:
Well....I did it, I bought the 68...today :pepper:
Sorry bout that Jiffy  :smile01:
First owner had it for 12 months, second owner 40 years, then to Oz to the guy I bought it off who had it 10 yrs.
Never restored so I'm a bit torn as to how to go with it, but current thinking is keep the entire interior trim as is, lots of very very cool "patina" there, have a high quality panel/paint job, all mechanicals rebuilt and detail underneath the car.
At least I know what I'm doing with my spare time for the next couple of years.
Very very happy right now....   

67FBGT:
Congratulations!  :bow:
Gotta keep the towbar, part of the car's history.  :grin:

gbader:

--- Quote from: jack67fb on January 23, 2020, 09:16:08 pm ---
Never restored so I'm a bit torn as to how to go with it, but current thinking is keep the entire interior trim as is, lots of very very cool "patina" there, have a high quality panel/paint job, all mechanicals rebuilt and detail underneath the car.

--- End quote ---

Well done, if you haven't already - pop over to http://www.saacforum.com/, lots of good info there. I am betting the consensus would be to keep it as a survivor if you have original paint etc

cheers

greg

scedd1:
If your gonna do a resto, let survivor car magazine do an article while its still original.

jack67fb:
Thanks for the feedback. The interior is in great survivor shape, same goes for the body.The paint is rough, down to the primer and even bare metal in a couple of patches (has been covered in clear).I noticed a patch of lighter green on the car yesterday and after a little research last night I'm not so sure it's original paint,if so that will make the respray decision a little easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version