Technical & General Discussion Area > Members Cars

63.5 Galaxie

<< < (9/9)

jiffy:
Nah - have to run 15's to clear Disc brakes and I think originals were 14's?

Anyway - running the chrome wheels from the photos above...

jiffy:
so, brakes are in and done - I haven't bled them yet because it's entirely likely that the master/booster will have to come out for the engine to go in, so I'll likely be doing that.

The engine bay will get a bit of a clean up before then, and I have new rubber curtains that cover the front suspension about to go in....

The booster needing vacuum fed to it raised an issue I hadn't considered - where to draw the vacuum from the intake to power it...
I had a look at the manifold and the only place to draw vacuum from was a boss that hadn't been drilled yet, so I would have to remove the carbs, rockers, pushrods etc to get the manifold off so I could drill and tap it - wasn't really looking forward to that very much...

So I had a look around and figured that I would be better off removing the PCV setup (again) and drilling and tapping the side of the brass fitting that the PCV fitting screws into:

Others have done something similar and apparently there is enough vacuum as the PCV isn't in operation all the time - so: fingers crossed!!

Gallop:
I was going to suggest the use of a Boss 302 carb spacer which has a built in PCV port , then noticed your carb setup. Hydraulic hose shops will sometimes have all kinds of fitttings like the one you just made.

jiffy:

--- Quote from: Gallop on April 24, 2024, 12:54:35 pm ---I was going to suggest the use of a Boss 302 carb spacer which has a built in PCV port , then noticed your carb setup. Hydraulic hose shops will sometimes have all kinds of fitttings like the one you just made.

--- End quote ---

Good idea - I guess I could try two of them, I have a CJ base-plate here which I could compare to the B2 spacer. I'll have a play with the brass fitting first and see how I get on...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version