Generation 6 - S550 Discussion Area > Tech Torque Post 2015

Oil Filter for S550 GT - 2017 Mustang

<< < (3/3)

scollist:
 :thumb:

scollist:
Following further information from another forum I have edited the original post with the following:

*************************************************************************************************************
EDIT 1/6/2019
After posting this same information on another forum it has been stated that Ford fits a smaller filter (to save money) to all LHD and RHD S550 Mustangs, and then this filter is replaced by a larger Motorcraft service filter - FL-500S at the first service.

As other replies on both forums indicate that the larger filter is definitely in place on some already serviced vehicles, and others have been able to fit this larger filter without any issues, then I suggest going with the larger FL-500S filter.

The other equivalents, as quoted by SuperCheapAuto and Repco are:
- Ryco Z928
- K&N PS-2011 or HP-2011

But note that the Ford Motorcraft FL-500S appears to be the cheapest alternative when sourced from the dealership parts dept. at less than $10 each.

*************************************************************************************************************

Shane

crossey02:

--- Quote from: GLENN 70 on May 19, 2019, 08:01:54 pm ---Interesting as I have done 3 oil changes in my S550 GT and used the ryco Z928 .

--- End quote ---
Baldwin B7449 is correct fitment and built to Ford OEM specs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version