Events & Club Runs, News & Questions Related To Your State > South Australia

Speedo Cables / Drives

(1/3) > >>

Geoff Rose:
Hello fellow mustangers.
I hv a 67 RHD coup. My speedo reads faster than I am going.
I think when it was converted to RHD an Australian Ford speedo cable was used because I don't think the LHD speedo cable would reach across from the LHS of the transmission to the RHD instrument cluster.
Does anyone know if the gear at the end of the cable for Australian Fords and Mustangs is the same gearing?
I am trying to work out if it is an incorrect drive gear on the cable or the actual speedo.

Thanks   

birdman:

--- Quote from: Geoff Rose on May 14, 2019, 02:57:45 pm ---Hello fellow mustangers.
I think when it was converted to RHD an Australian Ford speedo cable was used because I don't think the LHD speedo cable would reach across from the LHS of the transmission to the RHD instrument cluster.
Does anyone know if the gear at the end of the cable for Australian Fords and Mustangs is the same gearing?
I am trying to work out if it is an incorrect drive gear on the cable or the actual speedo.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

Colour of speedo gear (number of teeth) should correspond with your diff ratio.

mcarnage59:

--- Quote from: Geoff Rose on May 14, 2019, 02:57:45 pm ---Hello fellow mustangers.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

Wheel and tyre combo exactly the same as original?

Clubman7:
My 66 coupe is  rhd and I replaced the speedo cable recently with an off the shelf standard part.
Suppose it depends where the hole to enter the cabin is.

Geoff Rose:

--- Quote from: mcarnage59 on May 14, 2019, 04:20:39 pm ---Wheel and tyre combo exactly the same as original?

--- End quote ---
Rim size is same but tyres bigger height wise, they are a bit balloon.
Speedo diff ranges from 10 - 15 MPH.
Never thought of that will check.
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version