Technical & General Discussion Area > Restomods

My Long-Term Project

<< < (2/10) > >>

69candy:
I just got a woody looking at that motor!!! Fire it up!!!

Yellow66:
That blue looks sensational and the motor, i'm drooling!!!!

Haggspeed:
Thanks for the encouraging words.  The car is currently at the Fabricators getting some extensive reworking done - even though it will mean repainting the Engine Bay, Interior and inside the Boot (one step forward five steps back).  First job was installing the RRS Shock-Tower notching kit.  This was done to gain as much room as possible for a set of 2 inch diameter, long tube Headers.  Next, we're about halfway through mini tubbing and construction of the new rear Suspension. Late last year I bought myself an early Christmas present: the new Wheels.  I had 17s but I really needed to go to 18s to have a better choice of wider, stickier rubber.  There's still a long list of jobs to be done, I'll try to post images as they are done.   

Rayatswan:
Hi Jeff, car looks awsome, love the colour and especially love the Morrison cross Ram fuel injection.
Can you tell me a bit more about the Koni inserts and Kings springs for example what length are the inserts and where did you buy them etc. What springs did you get?? Thanks in advance.
Ray. 

Haggspeed:
Hi Ray.  Thanks mate.
Sorry, I haven't acquired the Konis and Kings just yet.  As we are currently fabricating the 4-Link, I will be purchasing both fronts and rears in about five or six weeks.  From what I've heard from the supplier, Smooth Suspension in Lilydale, VIC, the Strut Inserts are identical to VT-VZ Commodore motorsport parts (as this is what the RRS kit is based on).  The rear Coil-Overs will be the steel body 8211 type Konis, which are available in various lengths.  The Springs are also available in a wide range of sizes and rates.  Rest assured, when I get the parts I'll post images and specs.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version