Parts import

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Parts import  (Read 7195 times)

Offline Rayatswan

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Ray
Parts import
« on: September 25, 2018, 07:48:20 pm »
Hi,
I am toying with bringing in a T56 Magnum gearbox and installation kit, 4 Mag wheels and some suspension parts, what would be the best way to go about this?Please share any past experiences
Cheers

Offline HAMBURGLAR

• Worked
  • I NEED MORE MONEY
  • Name: mark
  • Car: 66 A code fastback 6R09A
Re: Parts import
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 07:56:33 pm »
Hi,
I am toying with bringing in a T56 Magnum gearbox and installation kit, 4 Mag wheels and some suspension parts, what would be the best way to go about this?Please share any past experiences
Cheers
That sounds like it will cost you a fortune unless you can share a container with some other importers. Would probably be cheaper to purchase that gear here. Give Mal Wood a call on the gearbox and install gear. Cant hurt. Just my 2 bobs worth anyway.  :thumb:
66 A code fastback 289w , t5 , 3.8truetrak.
56 F100 Deluxe custom cab. Major frame off resto. 347w , AOD , Custom 9inch , 3.7 powertrax , IFS , Parallel 4 link rear. Airbags , Low enough to kill ants. Still in progress.

Offline Giffo

• Worked
  • LIFE IS A MUSTANG
  • Name: Steve G
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 08:05:54 pm »
That sounds like it will cost you a fortune unless you can share a container with some other importers. Would probably be cheaper to purchase that gear here. Give Mal Wood a call on the gearbox and install gear. Cant hurt. Just my 2 bobs worth anyway.  :thumb:

I agree, Mal WOOD is a great bloke and helps heaps of Mustang owners out.
2002 MUSTANG COBRA - 4.6 SVT 5 SPEED - CONVERTIBLE.
Lowered Kings Springs, 3.73 diff gears, JTG CAI,  18" ROVOS DURBAN RIMS. MGW Short Shifter.  Slotted brake rotors. 2 1/2" SS Exhaust with Magnaflow high flow cats and mufflers.

Offline Rayatswan

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Ray
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 06:57:41 am »
I ended up getting the gearbox and all the other stuff for it from Mal Wood, great service and comprehensive kit.
I used shipporter to get some other stuff from the states that I couldn't get here in Australia, was hassle free and reasonably priced.Cheers