VASS expiration

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: VASS expiration  (Read 6281 times)

Offline gstsaver

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 87 GT
VASS expiration
« on: August 06, 2018, 10:37:55 pm »
Hi Guys
Has anyone else had a VASS run out? Looks like I won't get my rwc by the time the vass expires.
Is it usually the same fee the second time around?

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
Re: VASS expiration
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 10:40:14 am »
If you go back to the same VASS person before it expires surely they would be able to cut you a deal on updating the cert. 

But it does beg the question of what happens when you want to sell the car - do you have to get a new VASS inspection done?  I understand with RWC you need a fresh one each time the car changes hands, but VASS certs are 5 to 10 times the cost and it doesn't seem reasonable to have to spend that over and over.  Plus what's the point of a mod sticker/plate if you have to keep getting the car re-certified?

With your situation, I'd be tempted to just front up at VicRoads and play dumb - the last time I went in the lady behind the desk would have been quite happy to process my paperwork without any VASS cert at all...
Cheers,
Brian

Offline gstsaver

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 87 GT
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 03:15:58 pm »
Good news is I did get a RWC and got it registered.

I agree that the people behind the counter at VIC ROADS don't really know much about the Club Permits. 

My VASS guy says all new imported cars are actually under the M permit scheme (not H), so my plates are M club plates.  The vic Roads lady was very unsure though and kept having to go to a back room to get more info. 

I believe the VASS is a one-time thing unless you modify it outside of the VSI specs.

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 03:20:47 pm »
Good news is I did get a RWC and got it registered.

:thumb:
Cheers,
Brian

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 03:29:42 pm »
Congrats