Generation 6 - S550 Discussion Area > Exhaust Systems

Roush gt axle back too loud!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

BlackSally:
Thanks gents ... when I put the cradle lock out kit on i’ll Try the resonator back on and just see ... I had the x pipe on with the stock muffler and it did make those noticeably louder. With both x pipe and Roush mufflers unfortunately it goes from being very cool to obnoxious and over the top... although it is fun being the loudest I just need to turn it down to an 8 rather than 11 !!!

This probably on another thread but I’m hoping the lock out kit can stop the hop and get my 0-100 down into the high 4s instead of a PB of 5.2 (it a convertible)

GLENN 70:
I did the rear mufflers and a K&N panel filter and it picked up 25 HP at the wheels on the dyno ,got 351HP from 325 HP . Now with a tune has 371HP and runs 12.4 @114 mph on the strip . GT v8 auto . Not a axle back or a cat back exhaust only the rear mufflers .  Should run a 11.9 if I play with it a bit more or close to it . 

BlackSally:
Good news Mustangers,

So I’ve swapped out the x pipe for the stock resonator and that did the trick. It’s quietened down so it’s not obnoxiously loud and now has a menacing rumble at idle and a great bark when you get on it!!!

The x pipe definitely helped performance but it was just way too loud for a daily driver.

mwizz:
Glad it worked out for you

JSM:
I drove a 2017 GT with the Roush Cat back system and found it way to loud for everyday (and the auto made it "worse"!) settled on just the axle back fitted up by Mustang Motorsport and what an awesome all rounder, barks when you need it however when cruising on anything from 80 to 110 barely can hear it ! very clever exhaust!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version