Generation 6 - S550 Discussion Area > Wheels & Tyres

Track / Road tyres for 2016 Mustang GT

(1/2) > >>

Bushpilot:
Anyone out there had experience with soft compound tyres (like Nitto NT01s or similar from Yokohama, Bridgestone, etc). I want to use them on track days but be able to drive to the track with them on the OE wheels.

See: https://www.nittotire.com/competition-tires/nt01-dot-compliant-competition-road-course-tire/

fordtj69:
look at toyo R888R
cheers tim

BlackNotchBack:
You won’t have any issues driving any of the modern semi slicks to and from the track if it’s dry.

If it’s wet then added caution is required. If the road has lots of standing water sitting on it leave the car in the garage.

Husky350:
The nitto nt01 are a step above a street semi. They are really sitting on the edge between a full race semi and a high performance street tyre. So as above, I would not drive them in the wet, nor is it recommended to. If it's dry, go for it, if it's only to the track and back.
If you want a tyre that you can actually drive around on also(incl wet), go the Hankook RS3's hands down

Bushpilot:

--- Quote from: Husky65 on February 26, 2018, 06:57:47 pm ---The nitto nt01 are a step above a street semi. They are really sitting on the edge between a full race semi and a high performance street tyre. So as above, I would not drive them in the wet, nor is it recommended to. If it's dry, go for it, if it's only to the track and back.
If you want a tyre that you can actually drive around on also(incl wet), go the Hankook RS3's hands down

--- End quote ---

Checked out the RS3s;  great reviews but they only come in 305/30/19 and 245/40/19..  The 305s are too wide for the GT's 9.5" OE rims, sadly..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version