Technical & General Discussion Area > Importing Cars & Parts - General Freight

New to Importing, Please Help

<< < (19/20) > >>

jonrules12:
Well to kinda reboot this thread a bit how about this

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-Mustang-1966/SSE-AD-5163292/?Cr=19

I just kinda saw it when considering what car I was actually gonna buy. Over Christmas however I secured myself a great job working for the government which means I will have to buy a car for daily transport making my decision a bit of a rushed one. This one looks a fair bit more tidy than the last one. The only thing that stands out is the hood ornament I have never seen and the exhaust mounted like that. Thoughts? (:

BAC:

--- Quote from: jonrules12 on January 03, 2018, 12:04:23 am ---This one looks a fair bit more tidy than the last one. The only thing that stands out is the hood ornament I have never seen and the exhaust mounted like that. Thoughts? (:
--- End quote ---

- Hood ornament is cheesy (personal taste)
- Aftermarket front grille
- Don't like the chrome/stainless trim at the rear painted over (personal taste)
- Engine block is painted orange/red (personal taste)
- Car may have been lowered (King springs box in trunk pic)
- Front bumper doesn't appear to be mounted straight/square (could just be camera distortion)
- LHS trunk shut line is not great
- Seat inserts look dodgy
- Slight warp in dash pad on driver's side
- Shifter obviously isn't original
- Would guess floors have been replaced at some stage as they look too new/clean
- LHS front frame rail looks pretty beat up
- Lots of dents in the transmission pan
- Not sure what that red cable is running along the LHS of the transmission tunnel
- Obviously a 302 is not the original engine in a '66

Hard to tell the condition of the paint from the photos but if the seller is volunteering that it's not showroom then probably pretty ordinary (looks like an issue on LHS C pillar).  Looks to be more solid than that '69 coupe but hard to tell how good just from those pics.

jonrules12:
Well lowering isn't too much of an issue. He does claim it has shocks and a B&M shifter. Mmm I have had bad experiences with engine swapped cars in the past.

BAC:
Lowering by itself is not necessarily an issue - just something to be aware of if you have the car inspected to make sure it's been done right. 

Engine swap from a 289 to a 302 isn't a big deal unless you're keen on an original drivetrain.  The paint colour on the engine block would have to go back to Ford blue though if I was buying it.  :thumb:

jonrules12:
Yeah I wanted to get it inspected anyway before I commit heavy on it.

Well again, unless it's done incorrectly. And yeah dw it would if I buy it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version