Generation 6 - S550 Discussion Area > Exhaust Systems

After market exhaust

<< < (3/5) > >>

GLENN 70:
Pops ,the exhaust shop I used closed and I can't see a brand name on the mufflers .

GLENN 70:
Clubman 7 ,I just changed the rear mufflers and left the rest . A   H pipe will give a deeper sound over a X pipe to my understanding of exhaust systems .

mach1969:
hi if you want to hear what the Hurricane exhaust sounds like ring Liverpool exhaust speak to Chev they fit all the hurricane systems which they fit to the dealers cars have seen looks great sounds good Cheers :event:

Clubman7:
Happy with the muffler change Glenn?
Don’t want to go to too much modification, but just want to hear some engine noise.
And not from the sound generator thingy under the bonnet.
What mufflers did you go for?

GLENN 70:
Yes all I did was change the rear mufflers with 2.5 inch straight through mufflers ,but not sure the brand and the shop has gone . I also fitted a K&N panel filter off e bay for around $100 at my door .At a good guess it's picked up around 30 HP  plus at the wheels ,no tune just those done .. Why I say 30 HP + is at willow bank drags at 1/2 track stock was 82 mph , now 86 mph , so that means close to a 40 HP gain . Has not done anything with the top end tho ,stock was 108/109 mph ,now 109/110 mph . Total spent ,   $600 with chrome tips all fitted . I have seen some with headers ,full twin 3 inch exhaust ,cold air intake and tune only do 86 / 88 mph half track ,but 114-116 mph if they were luckyat the finish . $600 vs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ big bucks  =  :shrug: not in my books . I also get 8.1 lt per 100 Klm at 100 kph on the hwy .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version