weather strip kits for 69 fastback

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: weather strip kits for 69 fastback  (Read 2528 times)

Offline tired69

• Stallion
weather strip kits for 69 fastback
« on: January 19, 2018, 04:04:46 pm »
Hi   needing to get complete weather strips -grommets-plugs etc basically  all new rubbers for 69 fastback any suggestions who to use  or who not to use and show best to bring it  over  .I'm in central coast.
Any advice will be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Offline skip70

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm new here
Re: weather strip kits for 69 fastback
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 04:35:06 pm »
Lots of vendors for these. Do you want to buy locally (Aus) or from the States? full rubber replacement will cost a few bob$$, I have yet to find a vendor that supplies a "full" kit with everything but they may be out there?

Offline tired69

• Stallion
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 06:45:05 pm »
Hi it's a nut bolt rebuild so need all rubbers etc.
been looking here and US. your right  there no complete kit  just wanting to know peoples thoughts on who to buy from in states   and who to ship it back through (ie USPS  ,ups  etc.)

Offline Greg H

• Stallion
  • No idea
  • Name: Greg
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 07:49:25 pm »
I got all ours from Robin at mustang auto parts , but was able to clean up and reuse doors and rear window seals on our 69 , it is very pricey having to buy everything. Even then I still ended up with plenty of left overs somehow. Them and custom mustangs have great online stores you can browse and buy from.

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 01:17:58 pm »
carpenter makes some of the best rubber parts but all repo door rubbers are a bazillion times harder than the originals which can sometimes make it impossible to line up the window perfectly or close the door easily.

Offline 69candy

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 07:15:21 pm »
I have some new rubbers still in the shed left over from my build, Will have a look and see what is there and let you know if interested?