Generation 6 - S550 Discussion Area > Wheels & Tyres

Unhappy with my tyres

(1/5) > >>

pradomad:
Hi there
Is it just me, my driving skills; or lack of.., but i find those standard tyres very slippery.
The rubber seems way to hard. Stopping power is awesome; it's just the rear wheels spinning that scares me sometimes.
And what about the traction control? Shouldnt it be the opposite to ABS?

I'm not even talking about handling in the wet.
I've done 21K so far and I'm pretty sure that I will choose different rubber, maybe a bit softer and less lasting when the time comes.

Standard V8; no mods.

Happy driving.
Josef

GLENN 70:
1st of all you have over 400 HP under the hood and an engine that makes good torque ,then a six speed auto .  Now are you talking traction loss off the line when flooring it or cornering ? .  Check that you have the correct tyre pressures also . Next check the tyre for wear right across the tyre .  Mine isn't to bad but only 1900 Klms on the clock and I turn the traction control off .

Scott66:
It's got a bit more under the right pedal than a Prado that's for sure

walbjj:
what are the oem tyres?
on my c63, they came with continental, rubbish tyres. i changed over to michelin pilot super sports as soon as i could. buy decent rubber and u will enjoy the car more

GLENN 70:
Pirelli P Zero 275/40x19 are std on 5.0 mustangs . A few people on here have said they have a problem . Maybe it's just their  right foot  :grin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version