Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque 1979 to 2014

So - the Cobra tune is DONE! Finally....

<< < (5/5)

jiffy:
Surprisingly, time for some new rear tires! PM sent on some other gremlins that I'm thinking about..

Giffo:
Hey Jeff how is the Termi going?
Question: Are your headers the standard ones that came on ours??

Would long tube headers from USA fit ours without hitting anything??

Looking at changing my system OR replace existing cats with high flow cats (all four)

Whats your thoughts?

Jiffy might also like to comment....

jiffy:
Hi Steve
Car is good - a little rich when cold and the air is warm/thin, so with the error codes from the rear O2's still being thrown, I'll get the tune tweaked at some stage.
Using the original short headers that came with our car, and I replaced all four cats with a pair of hi-flo cats and a 3 inch exhaust when I went to the Terminator driveline - I would expect a pair of long-tubes from the US would foul on something AND be useless without some sort of power adder. You might gain a few extra HP (and I do mean a few), but a re-tune is likely to yield the best bang-for buck for a normally aspirated car IF you can find someone to tune it.

Damiencobra02:
Rob herrod is a knob. I went there around 2016 and he was a ride prick who didn't even want to talk to me and his mechanic spoke to me but knob herrod said he didn't tune those Mustangs and he didn't even recommend anyone to me.

mwizz:

--- Quote from: jiffy on July 10, 2017, 02:25:17 pm ---ok - after a weekend of cruising:

There's still a bit of a hesitation when the first 1/8th throttle is applied, it improves as the car warms up but it's still there, will take it back at some stage for a tickle-up. Idle is still a little high - about 1000rpm when warm, but it runs nicely.

Tires are toast, I have some newer ones to go on, hopefully it'll hook up a little more readily.

Currently just spins up - on the throttle only - in second up to about 60-70kph if you're too aggressive, and about half the time in 3rd up to about 100Kph. Haven't had it over 5,500rpm yet (just doesn't seem to be a need) but certainly needs better brakes - I have a pair of 4-pot Brembo's from a 2000 Cobra R about to go on, plus some better fluid so we'll see if that restores some braking confidence.

Got my new wanker plates....

--- End quote ---

That's one great rear end and nice plates

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version