Ex-tow truck.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Ex-tow truck.  (Read 9672 times)

Offline whiplash

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 10:41:23 am »
Originally posted by SigENeaT
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=UqWCJmeD3XA
If anyone missed it on Today Tonight.

I know one member on here who has lost his car due to too much public enjoyment... ;)

:+  I'M NOT A CRIMINAL !!!!!  :+

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 08:35:37 pm »
Originally posted by 6T9rustang
Originally posted by nassi
Originally posted by nassi
I envy the US boys because I watch alot of drag racing on U-tube. I pay alot attention to the dragstrips they use. Alot of the strips seem to have just the basic tracks, no frills or over-expendature. They have so many more strips per head of population. I know there are legalities with insurance and liabilities. Surely there are 'use at own risk' options the racers could sign. Perhaps we should find what  legal system they use in the US because if there is any country that is bottled up with legalities and liabilities, its the US. Yet they still seem to have many working, simple race tracks.  Here in WA we have  one dragstrip for the entire state!!! And a quality track it is but more simple tracks dotted over the state would help the racers habits!  

Hmm not sure about the last coment, as I have attended meets at other venues including the north west (it was some time ago though), but must agree with the sentiment more cheap venues. It keeps people like me off the street and saves my drive way :+.
cheers

Was that the Newman drags? Isn't it an airstrip converted for special drag meets? Or is it always set up for dragracing? Haven't been myself but have been told about it.

Your right, it was Newman and set up for the event. Another is Collie that is more permanent.
Just indicating what comunities can organise if they see a need.  

I remember years ago there was a drag meet on a farm in Dowerin. The track was marked out on a really, shiny-hard clay pan, in a paddock.The Farmer had done alot of prep work, apparently. The boys still talk about it. A mate took his hq 2door Monaro up there and whipped a few of the Northam boys. Northam/Toodyay rivalry was thick back then. Anyway it was hell fun and good we sorted out who's cars did what safely and legally. Unfortunately my holden friend still gloats about beating all the fords that day.:_  

Another was a couple of years ago, one of the winery's in, I think the Swan Valley used to run  adrag session on there property one Sunday a year.

Anyway kwinana starts again soon, maybe see a few folks there.
cheers
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline whiplash

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 10:24:14 am »
Anyway kwinana starts again soon, maybe see a few folks there.
cheers [/quote]

Yep you sure will :a

Offline Red71

• Thoroughbred
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 06:20:59 pm »
This piece of random sh*t and alleged history explains that in the olden days of sailing ships, cannon balls were stacked on the decks on brass plates called "monkeys."  The plates had indentions in them that held the balls on the bottoms of the stacks.  Brass, however, expands and contracts with the temperature and if it got cold enough, the cannonballs could fall...giving real foundation to the phrase "cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey!"

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 08:35:58 pm »
Originally posted by Red71
This piece of random sh*t and alleged history explains that in the olden days of sailing ships, cannon balls were stacked on the decks on brass plates called "monkeys."  The plates had indentions in them that held the balls on the bottoms of the stacks.  Brass, however, expands and contracts with the temperature and if it got cold enough, the cannonballs could fall...giving real foundation to the phrase "cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey!"

Thats probably the most imformative part of this thread. :+
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline whiplash

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 12:24:30 am »
;x I think I've learned something !!!! ;y

Offline whiplash

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 11:10:54 am »
A man walks into a petrol station and says, 'can I please have a KitKat Chunky?'
The lady behind the till gets him a KitKat Chunky and brings it back to him.
'No,' says the man, 'I wanted a normal KitKat, you fat bitch.
:w

Offline whiplash

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 11:54:34 am »
A blonde was admitted to hospital today after having phone sex
Doctors managed to remove 2 Nokias, 3 Motorolas and one Samsung, but no Siemen was found !

;4

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 01:08:00 am »
UUUUMMMMMMMM sitting in front of computer with dumb look on face, can of Haig and Cola in hand and one eye closed for better focus! dreamin bout sittin in the stang but the office chair just doesnt feel like a stang bucket seat!!:2 he he;+

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 09:03:32 am »
UUUUMMMMMMMM sitting in front of computer with dumb look on face, can of Haig and Cola in hand and one eye closed for better focus! dreamin bout sittin in the stang but the office chair just doesnt feel like a stang bucket seat!!:2 he he;+

Time to upgrade that office chair then. :+
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 10:28:13 am »
The term "Getting your ass in a sling" comes from the tail turret gunners in the WW2 B24 Liberator. space was limited so the seat for the gunner was a canvas sling which would be rigged after entry into the turret!
Cheers Ron B

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 10:09:27 am »
Well with the lack of progress on my mustang i have resorted to my 1976 4cyl  Dyna for stimulation.  Like any car enthused rev head in the search and extraction of 'MORE' power i have done the following:
 The nikki carb came off and a weber went on. The manifold has been replaced with a set of Lukey extractors. 8mm leads and a Pertronix electronic ignition has been ordered. 14in thermo fan and extra hvy dty radiator. Pod filter ordered.
Amazed with the weber, she fired straight up and idled.
Clame to Fame?  Fastest 1976 Dyna in WA. :w:w:w:w

PS  Im gunna use this old girl to cart the 'stang to long distance events.

Stay tuned for my next hot-up article: The Lawn mower (pod air filter, bigger carby,Nos....):w:w:w

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »
Well with the lack of progress on my mustang i have resorted to my 1976 4cyl  Dyna for stimulation.  Like any car enthused rev head in the search and extraction of 'MORE' power i have done the following:
 The nikki carb came off and a weber went on. The manifold has been replaced with a set of Lukey extractors. 8mm leads and a Pertronix electronic ignition has been ordered. 14in thermo fan and extra hvy dty radiator. Pod filter ordered.
Amazed with the weber, she fired straight up and idled.
Clame to Fame?  Fastest 1976 Dyna in WA. :w:w:w:w

PS  Im gunna use this old girl to cart the 'stang to long distance events.

Stay tuned for my next hot-up article: The Lawn mower (pod air filter, bigger carby,Nos....):w:w:w  

Sheesh I wonder what you will do to the Whipper Snipper?

Stroker Kit, Alcohol Carby - Supercharged of course ;2

Offline whiplash

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2008, 04:15:02 pm »
Thrashing your car frees up horsepower !!!! the best bang for buck modification u can make to your car is switching to Premium fuel !!!