Sharkie's 17 Mustang GT

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Sharkie's 17 Mustang GT  (Read 15968 times)

Offline Pete Gala

• Pony
  • Name: Peter
  • Car: 2017 Mustang GT
Re: Sharkie's 17 Mustang GT
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2019, 02:41:44 pm »
Gorgeous! How did it go with the new throttle body installed?

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2019, 09:56:26 am »
Noticeably more responsive with the throttle body installed. Feels like it breaths just a bit better really.

Finally took the plunge and had it tuned last week at East Coast Customs ..... wanted to bring all the mods I've added over the last 2 years together.

And, WOW, picked up 30 rwkw and about 50NM from where it was before the tune. Really can feel that extra grunt now. Incidentally the mods so far pre-tune meant it was about 15rwkw up on a stock 17 GT Manual. So all up, means I've added about 45rwkw from stock now. Really happy and the only thing left to do (engine wise at least) are new headers and a re-tune.

Offline Pete Gala

• Pony
  • Name: Peter
  • Car: 2017 Mustang GT
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2019, 01:14:39 pm »
That is awesome Sharkie! Mate I am looking at the exact same mods to be honest. I have the Hurricane sports exhaust installed and its nice but I don't think it is deep enough. It has an Xpipe and I think the Hpipe has a little nicer rumble TBH. So may just take these off, sell them and get the MBRP you have.

Did you buy everything locally?

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2019, 05:05:09 pm »
That's cool 👍 So what was the power out put on the Dyno ? . My auto has had the rear mufflers changed ,not an axle back and an Airaid filter and tune . 277 kW /371 HP and I'm happy with that out of an automatic . 12.3@116 mph at Willowbank . Being an stock auto it's quite slow off the line and in the 60 ft but then comes on quite strong . Weighed it also 4,062 lbs with me in it . 1,847 kilo

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2019, 08:47:58 am »
That is awesome Sharkie! Mate I am looking at the exact same mods to be honest. I have the Hurricane sports exhaust installed and its nice but I don't think it is deep enough. It has an Xpipe and I think the Hpipe has a little nicer rumble TBH. So may just take these off, sell them and get the MBRP you have.

Did you buy everything locally?

K&N was sourced locally (off Ebay), but the rest all came from CJPony. The stainless MBRP exhaust comes in a race version (which is what I have) and a street version. The race version is very loud ... sometimes I think a street version would have been better. Might get 1 and just swap the rear mufflers out (the H-pipe is the same) depending on what I am doing with the car that weekend. It does sound like a V8 Supercar most of the time though and it gets comments on the sound all the time.

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 08:51:11 am »
That's cool 👍 So what was the power out put on the Dyno ? . My auto has had the rear mufflers changed ,not an axle back and an Airaid filter and tune . 277 kW /371 HP and I'm happy with that out of an automatic . 12.3@116 mph at Willowbank . Being an stock auto it's quite slow off the line and in the 60 ft but then comes on quite strong . Weighed it also 4,062 lbs with me in it . 1,847 kilo

Not too fussed comparing to other dyno's as none of them read the same. Too many variables in it to be an accurate comparison. I am only looking at the differences in my car before and after and comparing that to what other Mustangs have been doing on the same dyno.

I think its time somebody in QLD organised a dyno day where we can put some on the same dyno on the same day to see what is out there .....