Running in / mods

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Running in / mods  (Read 5925 times)

Offline WHITEMARE

• Pony
  • Platinum owner
  • Name: Karl/Louise
Running in / mods
« on: March 14, 2017, 04:54:42 pm »
I'm under the impression that ideally, varying the revs and keeping it below 4000rpm for the first 2000km is advised.
Also planning on installing the cold air filter and cat back performance exhaust as soon as I pick it up.
Anyone any comments or advice on this?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:00:28 pm by WHITEMARE »

Offline BRUMBE

• Stallion
  • 2017 GT convertible
  • Name: Tim
Re: Running in / mods
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:17:57 pm »
My dealer (who is excellent) has been very cautious about CAI.  In my case I wanted to buy, out of the US, the CAI Ford Performance are offering in kit # 2 and have dealer install as part of pre-delivery.  Dealer initially said Ford may challenge any subsequent warranty claim but talking to trade people they are all certain that Ford has to prove the modification caused the problem.  Given the CAI is used on the GT350 I was feeling pretty good about it.

Next step was the finance / insurance guys (I will probably salary package).  They were OK with it as long as the dealer could roadworthy the car.  No problems.

Advised dealer late last week who then said Ford have prohibition on dealers improving the performance of a car, unless using Ford Performance gear.  He hoped to check with Ford today buy I have not heard from him.

But if you are doing áfter market' install then at least the dealer should not be the problem.

Will post more when I hear from dealer.

I am adding GT350 steering wheel which dealer is happy to fit as it's not a performance change.

Offline WHITEMARE

• Pony
  • Platinum owner
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 10:07:07 pm »
Not worried about warranty issues its just a CAI and Cat Back Exhaust, nothing serious.
More concerned with the running in and having mods fitted while running in....

Offline fraggleau

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Matthew
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 05:01:20 pm »
I'm about to clock up 3000kms on my EcoBoost..  Looking at a ROush Stage 2 kit, Exahust, CAI, and flash...  waiting for Herrod to announce their pricing and their kits here as I would prefer to ensure warranty is intact as its a daily work car.  Last I spoke to Herrod they were still calibrating the kit to our conditions.

Really just want those kW's sitting on the table and doing nothing...  Spoke to guys in the US and they get 250-260kW easy out of the simple mods which is what I am aiming for ;) (Well more the torque).

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 10:18:42 am »
I intend to fit the same to my MY17 set to be delivered end April. However I will run mine for 1000-2000km before fitting any of the performance mods. (CAI and cat-back exhaust)

I want to dyno the before and after of each add-on, so need the engine somewhat loosened up before I start. I don't believe the mods you are thinking of will do anything to the running in and should be safe to do so from day 1. I just want to see what it does ;)

Offline WHITEMARE

• Pony
  • Platinum owner
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 11:31:25 am »
I intend to fit the same to my MY17 set to be delivered end April. However I will run mine for 1000-2000km before fitting any of the performance mods. (CAI and cat-back exhaust)

I want to dyno the before and after of each add-on, so need the engine somewhat loosened up before I start. I don't believe the mods you are thinking of will do anything to the running in and should be safe to do so from day 1. I just want to see what it does ;)

I'd be very interested on the result myself. Let me know  :cheers:

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 10:29:54 pm »
A cat back is not really a performance mod as you don't get any extra performance even though some may say it is. You only really get a nicer note to your exhaust.

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 09:56:10 am »
A cat back is not really a performance mod as you don't get any extra performance even though some may say it is. You only really get a nicer note to your exhaust.

And that is exactly what the dyno before and after is for  :burnout:

Not expecting any/much (other than the sound obviously) but the manufacturer is claiming a slight bump in power due to removal of restrictions found on the stock cat-back piping.  :bolt:

Going to be using a hub dyno as well, so the results won't be affecting by normal wheel dyno issues ....

Offline Jeff J

• Pony
  • First time Mustang owner
  • Name: Jeff Kantor
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 02:39:05 pm »
My dealer assured me the car does not need to be run in. Adrien BRIEN in Adelaide
He said modern cars are already run in

Offline WHITEMARE

• Pony
  • Platinum owner
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 03:49:41 pm »
1. Cat Back Exhaust
2. Performance Discs
3. Cold Air Intake
4. nGauge with Lund tune
MODS COMPLETED........for now.  :burnout:

Offline Prateek

• Pony
  • S550 Lighting Blue MY17
  • Name: Prateek
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 04:16:35 pm »
 :thumb: Looks good mate, Put some sound clips of that Catback and CAI if you can,

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 07:32:37 am »
Very interested in the nGauge with the Lund tune, any feedback on it?

And ease of loading the software?

Where did you get the discs from, want those too!

Race or Street MBRP cat-back? Also interested in your thoughts on the sound ....

Car and mods looks awesome otherwise  :burnout: you have done pretty much exactly what I am doing soon
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:35:14 am by Sharkierulz »

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 08:28:34 am »
 :coolpic: