Lloyds auctions again

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Lloyds auctions again  (Read 24097 times)

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Lloyds auctions again
« on: March 20, 2017, 10:32:42 pm »
Lloyds auctions are on again this weekend and have quite a few mustangs inc a 69 428 R code and  69 S code with a 428 fitted with heaps of mods . Also a XWGT HO and a few Monaro s . I'm going for another look

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
Re: Lloyds auctions again
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 10:59:21 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll drop in for a look and catch up with you Glenn.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:15:56 pm »
Ok Peter  :thumb: I'm picking up Rodney also so we will all catch up

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 12:53:18 am »
Seems to be what they are moving to these days is the classic car auctions when is the next one on?
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual
4 wheel power assisted brakes

Other cars
1967 mustang coupe 289 c4 red
1966 mustang convertible nightmist blue
1951 f1 chopped truck blown c4 black
1963 Xl falcon ute 200ci 3spd manual white

Offline Bucks

• Worked
  • Name: Dave
  • Car: 66 Fastback 289 4 speed
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 07:43:12 am »
Iam a little bit dubious of Lloyds auctions and the descriptions that they use, Not quiet like Shannons.
This 65 mustang says its original matching no. car with 3 owners yet it has a 302 V8 in it?
Buyer be very aware i would say. :bolt:

http://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=5799&lid=1009544

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:52:28 am by Bucks »

Offline GEOFF289

• Blue Printed
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 08:30:20 am »
And it has an engine number.

Online Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 09:01:02 am »
Probably a 302 roller motor that has had the VIN numbers stamped into the block instead of a randomly assigned number from the rego dept.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 09:50:44 am »
I totally agree the staff have no idea about these classics and they should . I have been to all of there classic auctions and asked questions and they just can't answer any of them .  They do seem to pull big money at the auctions tho .  It will be interesting to see what the R code makes .

Offline Pedro

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 10:22:02 am »
Yes, as Glenn says, the staff have virtually no knowledge on classics at all. I went to the last auction (my 1st time) and was astounded at their lack of knowledge. As each car hit the block, the auctioneer and his sidekick were asking each other dumb questions about about features.  :omg:

Offline Pedro

• Worked
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 10:43:30 am »
Iam a little bit dubious of Lloyds auctions and the descriptions that they use, Not quiet like Shannons.
This 65 mustang says its original matching no. car with 3 owners yet it has a 302 V8 in it?
Buyer be vary aware i would say. :bolt:

http://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=5799&lid=1009544

From what I can make out on the data plate, it is a fastback built in San Jose with standard black vinyl trim, had a C code 289 and delivered to San Jose DSO.
Has all the appearance of a "Classic Speed" car rebuilt in the Philipines.

Offline Bucks

• Worked
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 10:46:32 am »
Again it is a case of buyer beware at any auctions as most are final, but i find even Shannons can be a little wayward with the truth on some vehicles as well, especially older Australian stuff.
I looked at an Xy GT a while ago, supposedly 2 owner car with no accident history, well i tell you it had more hits than Mike Tyson, not a single panel lined up even close to factory with some really bad waves and paint work.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:48:16 am by Bucks »

Offline Pedro

• Worked
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 10:56:33 am »
I totally agree the staff have no idea about these classics and they should . I have been to all of there classic auctions and asked questions and they just can't answer any of them .  They do seem to pull big money at the auctions tho . It will be interesting to see what the R code makes .

Very interesting. The data plate is correct and if the description is true and it doesn't have any issues then it should bring a lot of money.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 10:59:23 am »
At all the Lloyds classic car auctions as cars come through quite often they ask the public questions about the car  :thud:   :lmao: I quite often yell out the answers  :grin:

Offline Bucks

• Worked
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 11:27:46 am »
I see the Testarossa is certainly getting some interest you could of bought one a couple of years ago at the price its currently up to $88,700 + 7.5%, also love the description on this one.
"This vehicle model was made famous for being the "Star" car in TV Hit Series "Miami Vice in the 80's and 90's!
God surely they can dig up a little bit of its history.

Offline Pedro

• Worked
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 12:23:09 pm »
I see the Testarossa is certainly getting some interest you could of bought one a couple of years ago at the price its currently up to $88,700 + 7.5%, also love the description on this one.
"This vehicle model was made famous for being the "Star" car in TV Hit Series "Miami Vice in the 80's and 90's!
God surely they can dig up a little bit of its history.

There are 6 currently for sale on Carsales with the lowest asking price $299,995 ... https://www.carsales.com.au/car/ferrari/testarossa/?tracking=dsa&gclid=Cj0KEQjw-73GBRCC7KODl9zToJMBEiQAj1Jgf2TB7EQq9zs3Gf3nTPj8bVObucK2opyLz8CQw-7BAioaAolQ8P8HAQ

Offline Bucks

• Worked
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 12:32:02 pm »
I Know its amazing, I told a friend to buy one a couple of years ago when they where around $100k, knowing that the flagship 12 cyl Ferraris always go up in value eventually.
Mind you that has few glaring issues that i can see wrong with it, but still nothing that cant be fixed and put back to original.

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 12:35:21 pm »
`From what I can make out on the data plate, it is a fastback built in San Jose with standard black vinyl trim, had a C code 289 and delivered to San Jose DSO.
Has all the appearance of a "Classic Speed" car rebuilt in the Philippine's.`

Maybe not `Classic Speed` as I believe that they are all converted RHD ,at least for the Australian market anyway!
I might be wrong...

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 02:12:24 pm »
Well I went and had a look at the cars today . They are packed in so tight you can't see them or even walk around them ,well the ones inside under cover anyway .  I ask to have a closer look at the R code and lift the hood NOPE . What I could see was it is a bit on the average side but not too bad and maybe a 6.5 /10 car without really looking it to hard . The 65 fastback is ok but just ok from what I could see again 6.5/10 . I didn't see the yellow 69 with the 428 ,might be coming later .

Offline Pedro

• Worked
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 02:38:22 pm »
`From what I can make out on the data plate, it is a fastback built in San Jose with standard black vinyl trim, had a C code 289 and delivered to San Jose DSO.
Has all the appearance of a "Classic Speed" car rebuilt in the Philippine's.`

Maybe not `Classic Speed` as I believe that they are all converted RHD ,at least for the Australian market anyway!
I might be wrong...

No, you are right ... bit of an oversight on my part.

Offline malscar

• Worked
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 10:58:07 pm »
  I ask to have a closer look at the R code and lift the hood NOPE . What I could see was it is a bit on the average side but not too bad and maybe a 6.5 /10 car without really looking it to hard . 

Glenn, correct me if I am wrong but isn't it the aftermarket rear spoilers that have the bow in them. If so, this car is not 'original' as they state. Same with the steering wheel and a few other things.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 11:15:14 pm »
Sometimes the rear spoilers did bow when the car ran over 130+ mph . The GTHO 111 did the same thing on the track  and sometimes hit the boot lid .  Plenty wrong with this one ,wheels,steering wheel,exhaust and tips, valve covers, hose clamps ,well where do I stop . That's just from those pics as I said it was jam pack in today and I couldn't get close to have a look . It will be out in the open on auction day ,but rain is forcast and the cars will be outside . But it's still an R code . Ps the paint  is very average also . Trim code 3AA and not just 3 A

Offline jademustang

• Worked
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 12:16:51 am »
Original 69 rear spoilers sagged like that R code, the 70 spoiler design mostly over came that. The add is probably right in saying factory spoiler, problem is only the boss had them in 69 as factory, window slats also not factory. The R code is also missing the Mach1 speedo, paint is wrong in places, side stripe poorly fitted, 70 console lid likely to be incorrect

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 08:48:56 am »
Yes the more I look at it the worse it gets  :thud:, Monte Carlo bar, shaker bin has no snorkel because of the bar ,shaker has no drain pipe or side bracket maybe . My I pad is too small to see the photos up close . Red shockies are nice  :grin:

Offline Pedro

• Worked
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 02:05:23 pm »
I had a look at it this morning. It's not a nice car ... white ants and bondo under the paint, and the paint itself is RS - and that's just some of the outer body faults. If I was in the market I certainly wouldn't be bidding on it.

And the yellow 428 (originally a 390 S code) showed up while I was there. It is the John Taylor racer and is a pretty tough thing. It's unregistered and set up for racing with cage etc.. If you open this link and scroll down to the classifieds on page 13 you can get the info on it.
http://www.hsrca.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/HRCC-july-2016.pdf
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:24:42 pm by Pedro »

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 03:33:04 pm »
Pedro were you able to get close to have a look ? . The cars were roped off yesterday and the R code was at the back of the other cars .  John Talyors car is a bit over the top for a street car but would be a fun car . Have you seen his 69 R code he has owned forever .