Generation 6 - S550 Discussion Area > Wheels & Tyres

Best Tyres for 2015 Mustang

(1/2) > >>

v8mstg:
Hey guys Have a 2015 Mustang GT - just did 15k service and already need new rear tyres

The stock ones are Pirelli but was wondering what do you guys think is a better tyre both grip wise and getting some more K's out of them

Cheers

v8mstg:
Was just told by a tyre place that Coopers just brought out a performance tyre that is as good performance wise as the Michelin and Pirelli but last longer and are around $300 a pop - he also said it's the ones Roush use - any recommendations on these?

also found this http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Ford/Mustang.htm

66 Stang:
15-20k on performance tyres is not unrealistic, less if you drive it hard. Pirelli are a very good tyre, I do about 50k a year, and when going through tyres, I find tyre life is at the expense of grip, so its a trade of really, harder longer wearing may not be as good in wet and dry,

The best ive found for grip are Yokohama, Michelin, best all round continental, best life Bridgestone, although I'm impressed with the Pirelli's on the mustang and as we don't drive it daily, not really worried about changing them out.

Worst tyres have been maxxis, great life but deadly in the wet.

Fitzy1980:
Yoko make a couple of really good tyres.

AD08 i think they are or even the V105 which is a very good tyre.

AD08r's are a kind of Hybrid street/track tyre..

Had AO50's on my EVO and they are sensational but its a track compound so not a good idea..

:thumb:

GT Sally:

--- Quote from: v8mstg on December 09, 2016, 01:15:31 pm ---Hey guys Have a 2015 Mustang GT - just did 15k service and already need new rear tyres

The stock ones are Pirelli but was wondering what do you guys think is a better tyre both grip wise and getting some more K's out of them

Cheers

--- End quote ---
Had Sumutomo HTR Z111 on my stroked SS commie, very impressed with wear but about the same cost as Pirelli PZeros

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version