Pimpama Ride/ Gainsborough Greens Car Show

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Pimpama Ride/ Gainsborough Greens Car Show  (Read 8496 times)

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
  • Name: Rodney
Pimpama Ride/ Gainsborough Greens Car Show
« on: October 29, 2016, 08:12:04 pm »
Hi All,
This is for SEQ and Northern NSW people.
the Gold Coast Muscle Car Association has a car show next weekend details below copied from a email,
It would be great to fill the place with mustangs and I am looking forward to it, entry is only a gold coin donation and entry for vehicles is from 7am to 8:30 am and the first 150 people with cars get a free bacon and egg roll.

Coming up is a very important show it is Pimpama ride at Gainsborough Greens golf course on Sunday the 6th of November you have two options you can drive out by yourself or meet up at Masters at Days road Coomera and come out together leave time will be 7.30. You must be parked by 8.30am

Details below

How to get there take exit 49 of the highway and proceed to Yawalpah road pimpama which is the second exit from the highway at the round about follow this road until you see a set of light and McDonalds on your left and turn LEFT AT McDonalds take second exit from round about to the right onto Gainsborough Drive and then turn left into Gainsborough Greens golf course car show sign only a few hundred metres up the road.

The show is bigger and better this year, we have live music, more food, better sound system and as usual the first 150 people with their cars get bacon and egg roll and a cup of coffee FREE.  Gold coin entry for cars and public money raised goes to the smith family free rides for kids and adults and much more.

I would like to see the club beat last year’s numbers which was 130 club cars so lets make this memorable and if you have a friend whom might want to come along invite them to bring their muscle car, or if the have either a Camaro off any year or a mustang of any year get them to come along as there is a special trophy for best Mustang and Best camaro

Hope to see you all there.
Cheers
Ross G

1969 Mustang Sportsroof (8+ year Project are they ever completed)
1969 Cougar Eliminator (Sadly sold)
1972 Gran Torino Sport (Sold)
1968 Mustang Coupe (Sold)
Read about "Eliminators" below
http://eliminator.mercurycougarregistry.com/

Offline WA67GTA

• Pony
  • I'm new here
Re: Pimpama Ride/ Gainsborough Greens Car Show
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 11:11:20 pm »
I'm interested but with young kids, I can't stay all day. Can I leave early or do I have to stay for the day once I'm parked?

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 06:54:43 am »
It is finished at 1 pm , I don't think it would be a issue leaving earlier but just let the guys parking you up know. Glenn or myself will most likely parking you if you come in a mustang.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 08:46:49 am »
We are trying to finish up around 1 -1.30 pm . I will be sorting out the parking for the mustangs and have asked Rodney to help me . You can leave anytime you want no problems ,but if it's very busy (crowds) we will walk you out for safety . It's only a gold coin donation for entry for cars and the public and it's goes to the smith family . I want as many mustangs as possible and all years from 64 to current models . Camaros also and I want to kick their butts  :grin: so turn up in your  stangs please . All pre 79 cars welcome ,only mustangs and Camaros have no year restrictions .

Offline WA67GTA

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 10:54:52 am »
Thanks Guys, assuming I get her registered today, I'll be there at Masters for the drive in.

White 67 fastback. Looking forward to meeting fellow Mustang owners!

Cheers,

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 11:17:24 am »
Ok sounds good . I won't be at masters as I have to be at the show by 7 am to bring you guys in . Bring chairs and what ever you think you may need like water  :grin: it's going to be very hot ,in the 30s on Sunday . I will make myself known to you when you arrive .

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 01:03:50 pm »
Anyone coming with a mustang we would like you to come in  or by 7.30 if possible .

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 06:42:14 pm »
Looking good for tomorrow ,bring a chair , a hat, water,  food if you wish ,sunscreen , and some pest repellant. Not much shade but plenty of room if you want to put up a shade cover . As many mustangs as we can get please . Plenty of things for the kids  at the show also .

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 08:01:53 pm »
I am taking my yellow 70 Mach 1 tomorrow , so see ya at the show  :event:

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 02:43:35 pm »
So how do we find out who won what?
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 06:09:52 pm »
Only a couple handed out . Best mustang , A green  - 1969 CJ , best camaro a black 67/68 camaro , best car of the show a 1958 ish corvette ,best ?  two hot rods . That's all I can tell you . Rodney will have some photos he may put up

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 10:40:11 pm »
I have got quite a few up at "Aussie Mustangs Owners and Enthusiasts" on facebook with links to a heap of other photos and videos.
If I get time tomorrow I will put them up on photobucket then add them here but I don't hold your breath as I have a big day and then I am away for 12 days.