DO NOT TRUST the Tyre Sealant and inflator kit if you have the 2015/16 V8GT.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: DO NOT TRUST the Tyre Sealant and inflator kit if you have the 2015/16 V8GT.  (Read 17207 times)

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
The rear wider wheel when fitted to the front, fowls with the strut, it has a larger backspace, I tried it!

Yeah, that's why I put the front wheel in as a spare. Rear is way too big. Problem is the rise which makes it impossible for my golf clubs to go in the boot.
IMG

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
David, I did the same but the weight of the wheel and the fact that it stuck up so high made me change my mind and get a wheel from tempe. I figure that the tempe wheel can get me home and I can then change to the stock front wheel I have at home until I get the puncture fixed.

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
David, I did the same but the weight of the wheel and the fact that it stuck up so high made me change my mind and get a wheel from tempe. I figure that the tempe wheel can get me home and I can then change to the stock front wheel I have at home until I get the puncture fixed.

Yep, spot on Mark. Could barely get my golf clubs in the back with the seat down. Impossible with the rise from the Mustang wheel. Sourcing a Tempe size wheel now.
IMG

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
Dave, I have a tempe wheel, the floor mat sits about 1 inch higher with the tempe wheel in the wheel well, the rolling diameter is the same size as the front standard mustang wheel, the tempe wheel looks like its about 6 inch wide, but I haven't measured it.

Offline Medsy

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: George
It's the front wheel that I am using as a spare, which fits the back. After all it has to clear the Brembos on the Front.
Yes it does stick up a few cms, I think roughly 8 or 9 cms but I am a lot more comfortable, after all I had to tow my baby in the first week after getting it purely because it had no spare........ never again!

George.