69 Mach1 M code - what carby?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 69 Mach1 M code - what carby?  (Read 15515 times)

Offline 65FastbackAcodeRestoration

• Thoroughbred
Re: 69 Mach1 M code - what carby?
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2016, 09:54:49 am »
cheers 66 Hertz, I think i'll take my chances then, unless an affordable autolite 4100 comes up!

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2016, 09:56:19 am »
Thought I would hijack this post as I have basically the same question for my 65 A code in Adelaide in regards to getting it thru Regency...'

I have this Holley motorcraft 4v carby in unknown condition, which I want to know if I can get away with.

It decodes as   D0PF-9510-U   List-4548-s   353

Mustangtek suggests it was a Ford replacement for 65 Mustang 289 but before I have it rebuilt I would like to have some peace of mind that it will get approved ?!

I can't help you with registry info, but I can tell you that if you have basic mechanical skills, you can EASILY rebuild that yourself and several of us here can help explain in detail exactly how to do it.

Also, grab the throttle linkage arm and try to wiggle it as you look at the base plate where it enters . If it has a tiny bit of play, it is ok . If it seems fairly loose, it should have a bushing installed which you can also do fairly easily and they come with the kits.

You can also buy a preformed line that will connect right up to that Holley  My friend had a mfg make them special and now everyone sells them . This would not only look neat and clean, it will also look factory and might reduce the potential that they won't like the carb  If you just use a rubber fuel line from the pump, it will look a bit hokey and suspect.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:03:58 am by barnett468 »

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2016, 09:59:09 am »
cheers 66 Hertz, I think i'll take my chances then, unless an affordable autolite 4100 comes up!

You can buy an old style Holley shoe box carb from summit racing . They sell rebuilt ones for $200.00

If you use a stock ford carb of any kind, you need to run larger main jets or simply drill the stock ones out if your engine has ever been bored out or modifed.