Generation 6 - S550 Discussion Area > Exhaust Systems

2016 Mustang GT V8 Exhaust Sound

<< < (14/15) > >>

v8mstg:
Hey I whacked this on my 2015 GT ( manual )
http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-pypebomb-polished-2015gt.html

Sounds amazing - when dropping off at the dealer for service they where amazing how good it sounds ( they said best exhaust they've heard on the pony )  - lovely crackle on down gearing too

You do get a little drone at the start ( as it's a muffler delete system ) but after they wear in a bit it dies down ( I honesty don't hear / notice it anymore )

For what you get and cost - can't got wrong - watch the before / after video above

mwizz:
Sounds pretty good in the video

nickosek:

--- Quote from: MikeG on November 25, 2016, 01:19:53 pm ---I've read alot of posts about people worried about sound, so I thought I'd share with you some test results from our ADR testing of ALL of the Borla exhaust options.

Although the ADR tests turned out this way, wide-open-throttle sound levels from quietest to loudest will be:

1. EC-Type Catback
2. S-Type rear mufflers
3. ATAK rear mufflers
4. Touring Catback
5. S-Type Catback
6. ATAK Catback
7. S-Type 3" catback
8. ATAK 3" catback

I've driven a GT with the S-Type rear mufflers as well as with the S-Type catback - the increase is sound in incredible.

If its too loud, I can offer an EC-type or touring centre section for owners of 2.5" S-Type or ATAK catbacks, as this will bolt straight up and bring the noise level down.

I have one of each 2nd hand (after testing) which I'll sell for 10% off.

This weekend Fri-Mon I'm offering 15% off all orders (voucher code BLKCYBER), so get in quick.  I'll do the 2nd hand mufflers for 20% off during this period (msg me).

Note, 2nd hand means they were used for 5 minutes to do a noise test - these are basically new and waiting in Canberra for immediate dispatch.

Mike - BEST EXHAUST
www.bestexhaust.com.au

--- End quote ---

Very interested in the S-type catback system, and all discussions seem to indicate its the middle group between the touring and atak, but did your testing (ADR graph) result in the s-type 2.5in system being the loudest?

MikeG:
The testing done uses the ADR testing methodology which does not accurately highlight the loudness of an exhaust system under normal use, rather it has the car sitting motionless and with revs at a medium level.

As you've said, the S-Type would be midway between Touring and ATAK is loudness generally, although it should be noted that a Touring is a S-Type with a middle muffler, and the ATAK has a completely different muffler setup altogether, so it will sound quite different.

S-Type tends to be the most popular...

Mike

noblg:
The Pype-bomb sounds great, and won't break the bank.  Does any Oz company do a similar, as the freight is half the price???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version