Generation 6 - S550 Discussion Area > Tech Torque Post 2015

2015 Mustang under floors

(1/3) > >>

Pedro:
Some guy has started a thread over on Ford Forums under "American Fords" claiming new Mustangs arriving in OZ are having the underfloor paint stripped off by overzealous cleaning. I replied that if that was the case, new owners would be screaming about it here. Even Rob Herrod has got in on it. I don't know if I'm allowed to link it to here, so if not - Mods please delete. ...  http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11448979

mwizz:
Link requires registration to read the thread

Pedro:
OK. Here's what he said ....
"I have heard some news today about the the FM Mustangs being delivered to Aus that the under floors have been steam cleaned too aggressively to meet Australian Quarantine so much it has stripped the paint from the underside.
This has supposively caused them to rust (due to being bare metal) enroute to Australia so when they arrive Ford just quickly spray them with a can of black paint to cover up the rust.
Can anyone confirm this has happened to their FM Mustang, supposively its a messy job and quite obvious overspray on mufflers,gearbox etc.
This news came from respected Ford aftermarket performance place here in Melbourne.
Why should they need to blast clean a new car coming from the factory??"

Zerky:
Yep seen one on a hoist and looks yuk :sick:.
Hope when mine comes they are doing something different.
It looked like it had come from a used car lot.

GLENN 70:
No reason for them to steam clean the underneath to get into Australia .  The only reason would be from them sitting on the docks near the ocean and salt air gets to them . Once in Australia and the surface rust has started Ford will clean them then paint them to cover it all up . Quite common with imported cars that don't come in a container .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version