New Member - 2016 Mustang GT

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: New Member - 2016 Mustang GT  (Read 3667 times)

Offline DrDve

• L Plates
New Member - 2016 Mustang GT
« on: June 19, 2016, 09:56:15 am »
Hey guys,

First time on here. Been contemplating a new Mustang for 18 months or so. Resisted early and now wait times have kept blowing out, I'm lashing out and paying premium dollar for a Mar16 magnetic manual from a dealer in QLD.

Given I'm paying over market rate for the privilege of not waiting (2-3 days once I finalise the finance), I'm interested in what after-markets I should now be considering to boost ultimate re-sale value. A Roush or Shelby kit from Mustang Motorsport is top of the list but I'm wondering if there are other options. As I said, I'm a complete Mustang newbie so any advice would be appreciated.

Offline gbader

• Worked
  • SAAC Member
  • Name: Greg
  • Car: 65/66/16
Re: New Member - 2016 Mustang GT
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 11:28:26 am »
Welcome

There is a list a mile long (I have done bonnet, wheels, springs etc) but I very much doubt any of these will boost resale (simply, they won't )

Whilst these are great fun/value cars, at the end of the day they are nothing special and new models will come out each year with better features.

Enjoy it for what it is, a depreciating toy 😃. A bit different for the 2015 GT350 which was limited in numbers etc, but they are a world away from the current high $ Shelby bolt on plastics

My 2c

Cheers

Greg

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 12:33:44 pm »
I'm interested in what after-markets I should now be considering to boost ultimate re-sale value.

Worry about that when it comes time to sell. You can't predict what the market will be like in the future. Right now the trend with old cars is to have everything the way it came from factory. When I was in my teens the trend was to have everything possible modified, chrome plated, etc. Some like their cars stock, some like them modified and you can't please them all, it depends who is looking to buy at the time you sell.

Enjoy the car. If you think it needs a bit more and want to boost performance and/or handling then look at what options there are to satisfy what you think it needs.

If you do want to modify, consider keeping the original engine and parts so they can be sold with the car. You won't believe the amount of people looking for 'numbers matching' the way it came from factory and you may want to keep modifications modest so the car can be brought back to factory condition easily.

s

Offline DrDve

• L Plates
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 05:36:49 am »
Thanks guys, great advice. I'll focus on what I want to get out of my car first and keep any parts. And Greg, take your point about the cost v value of the Shelby kits.