2015 mustang delivery

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015 mustang delivery  (Read 393567 times)

Offline Yuvraj 2015 5.0

• Getting my 2016 mustang on March 19th 2016!!!!!!
  • Pony
  • i've orderd my 2016 mustang gt race red automatic
  • Name: Yuvraj
2015 mustang delivery
« on: October 17, 2015, 08:07:25 pm »
Since the 2015 mustang very close to hit Australia mine is in just 2 and a half months I wanted to know when will all you guys take delivery of your 2015 mustangs.

My order:
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Race red
Ebony black 19 inch wheels
6 piston brembo's
Automatic transmission

Can't wait!!!!!!  :bow:
2016 Mustang GT MY16 [Race Red] Fastback.
 Transmission:automatic || Wheels: 19" ebony
 Ordered:22/11/14 || Vin number:7/12/15
 Window sticker:7/12/15 || Build:11/12/15
 Etis updated:15/12/15 || Gate release:18/12/15
Booked:2/2/16 || Scanned at terminal:3/2/16
Received at terminal:3/2/16 || Vessel:Faust
Melbourne:16/3/16 || Delivery:???
 Baltimore:4/1/16 || Compound Entry:6/1/16

Offline Dingo

• Pony
  • I'm new here
Re: 2015 mustang delivery
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 07:35:52 pm »
i ordered mine in dec 2013 and was told it was due this month (oct 2015) but i haven't heard from anyone (dealer or ford) despite requests for firm date.

i suspect be in nov or even dec. was also told could be one of the first in the area but who knows. 

i got V8 auto in ruby red with black stripes and black rims  I've also ordered and set aside american muscle NSW plates PONY15

in the latest brochure from city ford it says the auto has a dual auto clutch but i can't see that mentioned anywhere else.

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 08:59:46 pm »
Have you all considered checking when Ford will begin its right hand drive production allotment at its Flat Rock Michigan production plant?  If you can find out RH production dates, then add about three weeks on water shipment and that may give you some idea when your cars arrive in Oz.  Seems like dealers are just as uncertain of arrivals as we are otherwise.  Believe the autos are conventional six speed torque converter autos, very well developed and responsive boxes according to US press reports.

PS Love your colour choices, Ruby Red is my first pick when I'm ready to buy.

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 09:13:11 pm »
RHD production started in August
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline Dingo

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 09:19:01 pm »
thanks for the advice…I've checked out the flat rock site and keyed in my order number (and tried other local ford sites) but no luck on tracking it down.  I've waiting nearly two years now and a few weeks either way is ok AND i can't do anything about it.

I've also ordered the diamond paint and interior protection as extras and the darkest window tints.

i drive from sydney to canberra two times a month and am a bit worried about having it outside the hotel i stay in.

I'm thinking of getting an ordinary car cover and keep it out of the way as much as possible

do you have trouble in keeping your car out of trouble

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 09:20:55 pm »
Are there any hotels with secure underground parking there?

Offline Dingo

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 09:26:38 pm »
i can park right out the front of reception which also has good cameras…one of the other guys i see at the hotel on a regular basis has a boss ute which he has not had any trouble with vandals.

in the end its a $64k car and i suppose if you live in sydney its gunna get scratched at some stage

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 09:57:13 pm »
Novotel on Northbourne has secure underground parking although it can be a bit tight at times.
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline Dingo

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 10:14:57 pm »
thanks….ill look into it…although i get good rates were i usually stay and its a motel room as a means to an end…i.e. the job

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 10:37:30 pm »
Not looking good for me now! Ordered mine in feb 2015 originaly was getting a Eco boost convertible then got talked into going the v8 coupe route in March was told it wasn't too late to change.

Any how a month ago I got a email saying enjoy your convertible mustang 4cyl. I rang the dealer up he said oh no problem it's just a delay on the change over should see a revised email in two weeks. Any how month went by no email. Rang dealer my original guy was away on long service leave so got this other guy.

To cut it short they didn't fix my order and I'm still getting the 4cyl. Now if I want the v8 they tell me it's back to the end of line for another 12 month wait!!  What a load of bs!!!!'  :leaving:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:39:02 pm by shelby_mustro »
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual
4 wheel power assisted brakes

Other cars
1967 mustang coupe 289 c4 red
1966 mustang convertible nightmist blue
1951 f1 chopped truck blown c4 black
1963 Xl falcon ute 200ci 3spd manual white

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 11:51:10 pm »
Ryan, If they can't fix your order because someone is lack , I'd be cancelling and getting your deposit back and order through someone else...  the wait will be worth it.

Offline philthy

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Phil
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 01:00:16 am »
I'm lead to believe the first ones are on the water. They have been building RHD's for a couple of months, once built they are sent to the upfitters, then railed from Flat Rock to Baltimore where they wait to get shipped to Oz. That process takes many weeks, and winter in the US will only slow things. There is an expected ten month waiting list at present. Last I heard the wait was 8  to 10 weeks in the US for special orders. They were building 300 a day but had only planned to build 300 RHD's a month. Sales outside the US were way more than anticipated so they are under the pump. I think something like 4000 are coming our way. Although many will be happy to get one of the first, it's a shame that they have been pretty much 'ordered blind' with no one really knowing what functions and options they will turn up with or without, except for line lock. I am really surprised that Ford Aust haven't been taken to task by the ACCC for trolling those LHD models around the country for what is it - 18 months enticing buyers for cars and not being able to tell them where the Australian vehicle would differ. It's not like they didn't have RHD's built, mules went elsewhere. That seems to be how Ford are now doing business. Advertising and selling cars before the Australian model has even been shipped - Everest, Ranger and RS Focus... To make it worse, Ford Aust have been woeful in updating customers with many eta's put back multiple times. Those in the know have found links to Ford in the U.S. And are getting build and delivery details from the source. Ford NZ seem more in tune with their customers, and they are likely to see the Mustang first.  I foresee quite a few will appear on the used car market at inflated prices in the next few months. It will be interesting to see if the delivery price is inflated, as the option exists in some states for a 5% increase between order and delivery.....time will tell.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 08:23:30 am »
Australian models will be fully optioned apparently

Offline Dingo

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 08:52:16 am »
i got one email from Ford saying my order was coming and they would keep be fully informed. that was 15 June this year and I have heard nothing since.

City Ford aren't being told anything new. I saw the RHD in London last week and there are differences (with the USA model) in the rear turn lights (not sequential) and the new RHD brochure I got from the dealer shows the australian vehicle without the two bonnet air scoops as per the USA V8 version.

my guess is that something is going on at Ford that they don't want to tell us. It could be something about compliance (maybe given VW lies) and maybe they don't want to talk it up too much because they can't satisfy the demand.

I also heard that the sales in the UK were below their expectations and that some of these vehicles were being shipped to aust to fill the demand gap.

i agree that its a big tough for ford being so close lipped. my dealer said he meet with the Ford rep last week but had nothing new from him and (the rep) promised to get back to him by Friday with an update. Ive heard nothing since then.

I suppose its gunna be closer to xmas.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 09:40:17 am »
Ryan, If they can't fix your order because someone is lack , I'd be cancelling and getting your deposit back and order through someone else...  the wait will be worth it.

Yes have thought about that! also I am thinking the resale value on the Eco boost will be crap as only 20% of orders are for the 4 banger!

Most cars been ordered in Australia are v8s don't think I would be happy with any less then that personally.
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual
4 wheel power assisted brakes

Other cars
1967 mustang coupe 289 c4 red
1966 mustang convertible nightmist blue
1951 f1 chopped truck blown c4 black
1963 Xl falcon ute 200ci 3spd manual white

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 11:49:38 am »
Who cares if you have the first model.  I'd wait and get what you wanted.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 04:01:12 pm »
Apparently there has not been the expected uptake in the 4 cyl in Aus so it won't take as long to get one of those as it does the V8.

Offline Dingo

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 05:29:56 pm »
i don't think i could ever role up to my mates with a new pony and when asked to see the donk under the hood …then show and tell about the great 4 pots of power…..its a muscle car…one of my mates says be brought 4 pots because his ex range rover supercharged was costing a packet on the gas….so the only way he could get one is that his wife insisted on the smaller engine.

i don't have that issue anymore

Offline scedd1

• Worked
  • Name: Steve
  • Car: 68 Coupe - Frankenstang
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 05:50:35 pm »
The latest mustang driver magazine has an ecoboost pumping out almost 500hp and the head and cam are stock. i will scan and post the article when i get off my arse and do it (tonight)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:19:09 pm by scedd1 »
.  ____________
./____________ \.
 ( ]]] _ _ O _ _ [[[ )
\_ o _ _____ _ o _/
 |___|            |___|

Offline scedd1

• Worked
  • Name: Steve
  • Car: 68 Coupe - Frankenstang
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 06:20:34 pm »