2015 mustang delivery

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015 mustang delivery  (Read 393518 times)

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
Re: 2015 mustang delivery
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2015, 01:23:30 pm »
Just had a call from Ford advising me of the status of my order made back in  March. The build is expected to start in late November. It will take around three months to deliver, based on US domestic shipping to Baltimore, Customs clearance, shipping and then Australian clearance and preps by Ford here. The new expected delivery date is now sometime in Feb. Interestingly, once the car is shipped, I'll be able to track its progress via a maritime traffic link that Ford will provide in due course.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:52:28 pm by Salthorse »
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline russ68

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2015, 02:25:14 pm »
Wonder when they'll call the February orders?

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2015, 02:39:30 pm »
February   :lmao:  :cry:  :toetapping:

Offline RuffCoupe

• Worked
  • I'm new here
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2015, 03:47:16 pm »
Dave - I ordered in Oct 2014 and am looking at Jan 2016.
Going on your dates I've been driving mine for a month and not realised it  :omg:
Seriously tho -I hope yours turns up in Feb.
I'm going home to see if there is something in the garage I'd missed  :grin:
I don't think the dealers really know when they will show up...

Cheers

J

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2015, 03:55:39 pm »
When I say Ford, I meant Ford HQ rather than the dealer. I was surprised that it was from head office.
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2015, 04:35:50 pm »
Dave - I ordered in Oct 2014 and am looking at Jan 2016.
Going on your dates I've been driving mine for a month and not realised it  :omg:
Seriously tho -I hope yours turns up in Feb.
I'm going home to see if there is something in the garage I'd missed  :grin:
I don't think the dealers really know when they will show up...

Cheers

J
Yup me also...Oct 2014 ordered, Jan 2016 delivery...still no word from dealer!
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2015, 10:43:29 pm »
Being a hot item in short supply, wonder how many new Mustang buyers have ordered for a quick premium on list price ?.

Apart from typical US assembly panel gaps, the red locally converted 2015 Mustang with Shelby mods displayed last weekend at Motorclassica was an impressive looking unit.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2015, 10:54:26 pm »
I was just told today they have a shortage on the coyts v8 5l motors from the dealer and could cause more delays.

Pleany of turbo 4s are available in fact if u order one of these u will get it quicker then a v8 model so I'm told.

My order is a mess still waiting on my dealer to sort it out. Hopefully will know where I stand by Friday.
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual
4 wheel power assisted brakes

Other cars
1967 mustang coupe 289 c4 red
1966 mustang convertible nightmist blue
1951 f1 chopped truck blown c4 black
1963 Xl falcon ute 200ci 3spd manual white

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2015, 01:49:11 am »
You need to hope it's not in the top container on the deck! Apparently so many containers are falling overboard these days that containers cannot be watertight anymore because they have been floating and creating a shipping hazard.et to that level.

I got the call from Ford HO yesterday. Scheduled build for mine is 30 Nov and delivery ETA early Feb. He assured me that it would NOT be washed off the boat!

Here's hoping.....

Offline 4STANG

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2015, 10:47:17 pm »
Hi Guys, new to the site and getting close to owning a white manual Ecoboost Mustang. The order was placed in March 2015 and has a phone call from Ford Australia today to confirm that my car was built on 9th October with an anticipated delivery of 3 months or possibly earlier. This information closely matches the update I got from my dealership a month ago that if I was 'lucky' I may have my car for christmas.

The current specs on the Ford Australia website states that the ecoboost manual will come with a 3.31:1 diff, where as all other information points to the 'performance pack' coming with a 3.55:1 diff ratio. It will be interesting to see if the website information is right or wrong?

Is anybody else considering modifications. I am waiting to see what sort of upgrades Mountune will be offering, as it appears on American websites that they are achieving good gains in torque with very minor modifications.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2015, 10:57:48 pm »
Welcome to the forum Andrew

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2015, 11:10:36 pm »
Is it true if you place a order now you will have to wait up untill 18 months to receive one of these cars now?
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2015, 12:40:37 pm »
Hard to say as what the dealers tell you and what actually occurs appear to be different things.

Offline Dingo

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2015, 06:58:17 pm »
Paid deposit dev 2013. Told delivery this week or latest dec. told wed last week build now 30 nov delivery delivery March 2016   Complete xxxxxck up in my view. Promises promises. They have u by the big ones.  Ford Aust CEO qoted in all local media delivery dev 2015. Now March 2016 if ordered well before March 2015. Seen that Eco boost will be made and delivered before v 8   It is really bad either way. My personal health issue made me make decisions about what vehicles and when. Thought ford would come through before now without the lies.  Suggest u double check dealer for arrival dates.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2015, 10:04:12 pm »
Paid deposit dev 2013. Told delivery this week or latest dec. told wed last week build now 30 nov delivery delivery March 2016   Complete xxxxxck up in my view. Promises promises. They have u by the big ones.  Ford Aust CEO qoted in all local media delivery dev 2015. Now March 2016 if ordered well before March 2015. Seen that Eco boost will be made and delivered before v 8   It is really bad either way. My personal health issue made me make decisions about what vehicles and when. Thought ford would come through before now without the lies.  Suggest u double check dealer for arrival dates.

Hey mate try ordering a v8 and been told ur getting a 4cyl car. dealer says they can not correct there own mistake now because all orders are locked in and final and it's back to the end of the line for another 18 month wait if I want to correct there mistake. More or less they have asked for me to wait for it to arrive at Christmas test drive it if I like it still I'll take it if not they will refund my money.

Don't think my mind will change about the v8 just don't think it will feel right.

There is a shortage of v8s because 80% of people want them Eco boost cars will come first because there is more around to complete orders.

I got a call Friday from ford Melbourne they say the car is been built now and should be here by Christmas / very early January.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:09:30 pm by shelby_mustro »
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2015, 11:22:53 pm »
Hey mate try ordering a v8 and been told ur getting a 4cyl car. dealer says they can not correct there own mistake now because all orders are locked in and final and it's back to the end of the line for another 18 month wait if I want to correct there mistake. More or less they have asked for me to wait for it to arrive at Christmas test drive it if I like it still I'll take it if not they will refund my money.

Don't think my mind will change about the v8 just don't think it will feel right.

There is a shortage of v8s because 80% of people want them Eco boost cars will come first because there is more around to complete orders.

I got a call Friday from ford Melbourne they say the car is been built now and should be here by Christmas / very early January.

So what's your contract state? Seems like you have them by the proverbials
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2015, 07:38:11 am »
So what's your contract state? Seems like you have them by the proverbials

Contract States that's its a v8 Fast back in black. ha the only thing they got right on this order is the black. I'm pissed of by it  :smash: but another 2 year wait is a real turn off.

I think its more the case they can write out any contract they like but ford in the states making these cars are not going to budge for them. So they say only option is
To cancle start again. nothing they can do by the sounds of it.
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
  • Name: Rodney
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2015, 02:05:12 pm »
Not looking good for me now! Ordered mine in feb 2015 originaly was getting a Eco boost convertible then got talked into going the v8 coupe route in March was told it wasn't too late to change.

Any how a month ago I got a email saying enjoy your convertible mustang 4cyl. I rang the dealer up he said oh no problem it's just a delay on the change over should see a revised email in two weeks. Any how month went by no email. Rang dealer my original guy was away on long service leave so got this other guy.

To cut it short they didn't fix my order and I'm still getting the 4cyl. Now if I want the v8 they tell me it's back to the end of line for another 12 month wait!!  What a load of bs!!!!'  :leaving:

I think you need to get your story straight
Quote taken from the 19th August

Ended up test driving a Eco boost 2l in a falcon yeresterday. to my surprise  they go not to bad. But just didn't feel right to me been so quiet and the whole turbo feel in a mussel car. So I have now changed my order to a v8.  :event:
1969 Mustang Sportsroof (8+ year Project are they ever completed)
1969 Cougar Eliminator (Sadly sold)
1972 Gran Torino Sport (Sold)
1968 Mustang Coupe (Sold)
Read about "Eliminators" below
http://eliminator.mercurycougarregistry.com/

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2015, 05:23:53 pm »

I think you need to get your story straight
Quote taken from the 19th August

:agree: Interesting...now I'm really confused

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2015, 11:24:51 pm »
:agree: Interesting...now I'm really confused
Just conflicting information ,  1 post he states that he changed order in March then another post states he changed his mind after driving a facon ecoboost on the 18th August approx 5 months later.
Just makes me wonder how much is fact as not the first time I have had my doubts and asked Ryan to confirm  statements that he had made and he could have easilly done by posting up documentation but never happened.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2015, 01:31:00 am »
Just conflicting information ,  1 post he states that he changed order in March then another post states he changed his mind after driving a facon ecoboost on the 18th August approx 5 months later.
Just makes me wonder how much is fact as not the first time I have had my doubts and asked Ryan to confirm  statements that he had made and he could have easilly done by posting up documentation but never happened.

Originaly I did go that way because the partner in crime wanted the 4 well after much discussion I realy wanted the 8 we went back and changed our order. the dealer gave us a new contract. We asked the question before we changed orders if it wasn't too late and he said no.

It wasn't untill we got our first email it said it was a turbo 4 I rang straight away he said he would fix this and I should receive the revised email in a few weeks that never came. And so on.... things they said they would fix never happned.

If you read that post I said I changed my order to a v8 not the other way around like you make it out to be.

Gosh Rodney do you have some sort of problem mate????? If you have to flick through old posts to try and make some sort of a fool out of me you obsley have too much time on your hands. And as for your last comment maybe I'd like to keep some aspects about my car private.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:39:27 am by shelby_mustro »
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2015, 08:33:13 am »
If you read that post I said I changed my order to a v8 not the other way around like you make it out to be.

Gosh Rodney do you have some sort of problem mate????? If you have to flick through old posts to try and make some sort of a fool out of me you obsley have too much time on your hands. And as for your last comment maybe I'd like to keep some aspects about my car private.

I am not trying to mahe you out to be a fool but in my opinion just things you post are not to be taken as Fact.
I have plenty of time on my hands knowing how to use the forum search engine  makes life easy
Where did i I make out that you changed your order from a V8 to 4 cylinder?
I  pointed out the fact that your posts contradict each other on when you changed your order.
if you wanted to keep the questioned  aspects of your car private  then why are you posting these aspects that I questioned on a public forum?
I have a  problem when people make statements on public forums but when there statement  is challenged won't back it up
How much  is Fact and how much is Fiction.
In my opinion people who wont back up their statements are not credible and peope who knowingly post Fiction on this forum shouldn't be here.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2015, 09:25:55 am »
Ok Boys   :argue: ,Ryan you go to the bottom of the list . Rodney  you go stand in the corner of the class room  :bag:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:20:03 am by GLENN 70 »

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2015, 11:10:51 am »
Nice one Glenn  :lol:

Offline gazzab055

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Gary
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2015, 09:08:55 pm »
Well, we are a week into November now, has Ford delivered a new Mustang to anyone yet?