Events & Club Runs, News & Questions Related To Your State > Western Australia

opinions please - 66 NON GT K-code fastback

(1/2) > >>

mistermustang:
g'day boys - got a question for y'all.  i've landed a partially-restored NON-GT K-code 4-speed fastback.  originally nightmist blue, its now a crimson-red and needs a colour-sand to bring the body up to snuff.  the interior is mostly done.  the engine bay has been done but the engine needs some minor head work to be mickey-mouse (it was sitting for years)

here's the question - as a non-GT K-fastback, its a rare car.  but as a non-GT, it has drums not disks.  that's right - when did you last hear of a K-code with drums?  anyway- i'm debating whether to turn it into a shelby clone (with RRS coilover/disks at the front) or a GT clone.  now as a GT clone, it has all the important GT bits (floorpan and frame-rail supports).  i can easily add the GT foglights and correctly wire them.  i can also add front disks, do the fender badges, rocker-panel stripes, etc etc etc.  the car already has a factory 9" as its a K-car (not that this is a GT feature btw but i thought i'd mention it).  it has a red pony interior.

what would you do?
1. keep it stock as a non-GT k-fastback (and this would imply returning it to nightmist blue)
2. add the GT bits and keep it red (a sand, and a couple of coats of candyapple +clear would do the trick)
3. turn it into a shelby-clone (which would imply changing the interior to standard black (expensive), getting a tach, shelby-hood, stripes, delete all badges etc etc.  not cheap.

opinions please.  its a very solid CA car and needs a good direction for the final touches to make it a keeper.

evan:
A K-code is already something special so why would you want to turn it into a fake something else? If you turned it into a Shelby clone, it will always be known as a clone & will lose it's real identity as a K-code.

My 2 cents.

nassi:
Brian I have to agree with the others, dont mess with it.
This isnt the first time you have hinted at a Shelby clone so it sounds like you want something to play with???
nassi

mistermustang:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by nassi
This isnt the first time you have hinted at a Shelby clone so it sounds like you want something to play with???
nassi
--- End quote ---

mate what i'd really REALLY like to do as i mentioned in a previous post is a 67/8 T-code restomod with the drivetrain out of an F6 Typhoon and a full Stage III RRS front-end.  show car paint, detailed undercarriage and engine bay - the works.  One day...

evan:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by mistermustang

--- Quote ---Originally posted by nassi
nassi
--- End quote ---

mate what i'd really REALLY like to do as i mentioned in a previous post is a 67/8 T-code restomod with the drivetrain out of an F6 Typhoon and a full Stage III RRS front-end.  show car paint, detailed undercarriage and engine bay - the works.  One day...
--- End quote ---

If those are your plans, you might as well buy a brand new shell & start from scratch.

Evan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version