2015 Mustang Sales Brochure for Australia

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015 Mustang Sales Brochure for Australia  (Read 16976 times)

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
Re: 2015 Mustang Sales Brochure for Australia
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 08:36:18 pm »
For the record, the Ecoboost in the Mustang is a 2.3 litre 4 cylinder, not a 1.0l 3 cylinder.
Still not a V8.

Yep, you're correct of course Boss. Still wouldn't have a Mustang without a V8, just could not do it.  :smile01:

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2015, 08:39:56 pm »
i cant believe this thing about price ! here we have an all new fully independant sprung car with heaps of tech, looks damm sweet and more than likely will sell for around the same price as the xr8 gt if not cheaper , so here we have a full blown 2 door sports car and a souped up 4 door family sedan ummmm hard choice .
and guess what lower aussie dollar and luxury sales tax applies nearly every dam car on the road that retails over 50k and in fact if you buy a euro car the $ to euro is worse
new volvo cx90 from $89950 +
renault magane from $53000 +
toyota prado $62000
audi tt coupe $72000 +
 why is it that we expect the mustang to be sold at a give away price like its our right dont quite understand it
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 08:43:23 pm »
the ecoboost 2.3 lt is also turbo'd and has more killer wasps than your stock 289 in your 66/67/68 etc
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline smackdownz

• Mr Pony
  • Stallion
  • Name: Jai
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 08:54:20 pm »
probably old news for you guys but in case yous missed it, pricing in the UK

£28,995 Eco

£32,995 v8

so when converted thats roughly $62000 in aus, so i very highly doubt we'd be under that price with all of australias inflations etc..

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2015, 09:01:01 pm »
 why is it that we expect the mustang to be sold at a give away price like its our right dont quite understand it

Because the Toyota 86 which is comparable to the Ecoboost 'Stang is thirty grand.  Not hard to understand at all.

Offline mustang_talk

• Worked
  • Name: George
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 09:02:38 pm »
I'll have to wait for the second hand market...I bet they weren't saying that 50 years ago... :grin:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/310718/2015-ford-mustang-could-carry-sub-50000-price-tag/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 09:14:04 pm by mustang_talk »

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2015, 10:02:27 pm »
As my son has a resto business which I'm involved in, & both of us & my dad were car maniacs, I'm buying this 2015 to stable mate my 66 GT......in 30 years time my grandson will DEFINITELY appreciate this car.....at 5 years old, he insists on going to the park or Coles in the 66 Mustang, and my 22 month old grand daughter had her first ride a few weeks ago, now when I say let's go shops, she immediately points to the 66 muzzie & cries when I open the commie door... It's an investment for my grand kids & for my selfish needs till I have to return my drivers license....."can't take my money with me, enjoy it with family now".....
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2015, 10:04:38 pm »
i cant believe this thing about price ! here we have an all new fully independant sprung car with heaps of tech, looks damm sweet and more than likely will sell for around the same price as the xr8 gt if not cheaper , so here we have a full blown 2 door sports car and a souped up 4 door family sedan ummmm hard choice .
and guess what lower aussie dollar and luxury sales tax applies nearly every dam car on the road that retails over 50k and in fact if you buy a euro car the $ to euro is worse
new volvo cx90 from $89950 +
renault magane from $53000 +
toyota prado $62000
audi tt coupe $72000 +
Exactly....my sentiments...
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline RuffCoupe

• Worked
  • I'm new here
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2015, 10:11:38 pm »
the ecoboost 2.3 lt is also turbo'd and has more killer wasps than your stock 289 in your 66/67/68 etc

If I remember correctly Shane when the WRX first came out it was 180kw, 230kw should be enough for a daily/cruiser.
I drive a v8 as a daily plus the 65 will be here soon, so we're looking forward to it.

Cheers

John

Offline teacherspet

• Worked
  • Name: Pete
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 09:04:18 am »
Yep, you're correct of course Boss. Still wouldn't have a Mustang without a V8, just could not do it.  :smile01:

I agree. Gotta have the good sounding donk. Remember the Ford TV advert last year that featured the new Mustang & at the end, when it started up, it sounded like a Mini Moke? Totally wrong.

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 05:37:04 pm »
Hey Keith,

I reckon the EcoBoost is a fantastic engine with amazing new technology; the  absolute perfect engine........... for a Ford Fiesta. Would I put a 1.0L, 3 cylinder engine in a Mustang??? Never!!!  Just my opinion though.  :lol:

Cheers, Andrew

Your a funny man Aspro, at the very least, even in Eco boost form, it will get driven in the rain :lmao:, unlike a certain rare 68 I know of :kickass:

The mustang in 6 cyl form is pretty big in the USA, I would expect the eco boost to be pretty popular with the younger generation, clearly like myself Aspro. :grin:

Will be interesting to see if ford does anything with Hertz to as part of the launch, I travel often and can hire anything from hertz from a lancer right through to BMW coupe.

Offline peter9231

• Member-Society of Automotive Engineers Australasia
  • Worked
  • Name: Peter
  • Car: 66 convertible
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 09:15:21 pm »
Google "Ford England"
Site has Mustang specs and prices.
Peter.
"If you are not prepared to be part of the solution you forfeit your right to criticise"

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2015, 05:43:53 am »
Was really excited to get my brochure in the mail the other day, short lived when I opened it to find it was for the Ecosport instead.

Well done Ford. Great display of professionalism.
IMG

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2015, 07:08:18 am »
Was really excited to get my brochure in the mail the other day, short lived when I opened it to find it was for the Ecosport instead.

Well done Ford. Great display of professionalism.
Same here...great brochure, wrong car. If that is Fords pre sale service, what will there after sales be like? Conveniently no email add is given so we can't reply unless by phone 13FORD.