After Market Air Conditioning

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: After Market Air Conditioning  (Read 14198 times)

Offline matman

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Matt
Re: After Market Air Conditioning
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 10:46:44 pm »
Hi bank 1957
if you havent done anything yet, this guy is extremely helpful, hes in bunderburg I think
speedyairspares@gmail.com

Offline renjar

• Pony
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 12:55:39 am »
I second speedy air spare!

Have their aftermarket kit installed in my 65 coupe, you would not even know its there. Modern compressor as well

:bow:
1965 Ford mustang coupe 289 v8 RHD C code

Offline MustangMedic

• Worked
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 08:29:42 am »
What kit does he use, I'm in Maryborough and need to refurb my factory stuff with a good system.
Cheers,
Ash
Always work smarter not harder....

Offline renjar

• Pony
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 12:31:53 pm »
I picked up this kit http://speedyairspares.com.au/products/Primary_Kit_1_Concealed_Heating_Air_Conditioning-97-192.html

It does fit under the dash and you can not see the unit.  You do have to block off one of the vents as it hits the ash tray. Don't get me wrong, its a tight fit under there but its a fit just the same.

Then add in the sedan compressor bracket http://speedyairspares.com.au/products/Ford_289_302_351_Windsor_V8_Air_Conditioning_Bracket_to_suit_Sanden_SD7H15_SD5H14_Compressor-32-9.html

Give the guy a call, he is really good to deal with.

Offline unilec5544

• Worked
  • Name: Neil.
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 06:27:04 pm »
I picked up this kit http://speedyairspares.com.au/products/Primary_Kit_1_Concealed_Heating_Air_Conditioning-97-192.html

It does fit under the dash and you can not see the unit.  You do have to block off one of the vents as it hits the ash tray. Don't get me wrong, its a tight fit under there but its a fit just the same.

Then add in the sedan compressor bracket http://speedyairspares.com.au/products/Ford_289_302_351_Windsor_V8_Air_Conditioning_Bracket_to_suit_Sanden_SD7H15_SD5H14_Compressor-32-9.html

Give the guy a call, he is really good to deal with.

I'm installing a similar system in my 65 fastback, it is tight but it will fit. I made my own compressor bracket and got a good deal on a sanden compressor. Have you had your system running yet, how is it?

Offline renjar

• Pony
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 12:23:26 pm »
It was running well, felt really cold.

It keeps dropping its gas every 12 months or so. And the heater control on the dash does not fully close the heater pipe some times. But these are installations issues, not the product.

Offline USA066

• Worked
  • Robbo
  • Name: Colin
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2015, 04:52:20 pm »
I installed Vintage Air system in my 66 coupe. Very happy, easy to install and good instructions. Installed over a couple of weekends. Try Classic Air, I believe the electronic controls integrate better with the original controls, you lose the fan speed switch with Vintage Air, fan speed in variable controlled by the left slide control. I think Classic Air retains the fan speed switch if you wish to retain original look.
2007 GT Convertible
2008 Bullitt
1966 Coupe

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 05:10:17 pm »
I installed Vintage Air system in my 66 coupe. Very happy, easy to install and good instructions. Installed over a couple of weekends. Try Classic Air, I believe the electronic controls integrate better with the original controls, you lose the fan speed switch with Vintage Air, fan speed in variable controlled by the left slide control. I think Classic Air retains the fan speed switch if you wish to retain original look.

Old Air have electronic ones as well

Offline Allan S

• Stallion
  • Knowledge-free tinkerer
  • Name: Al Spackman
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 03:14:21 pm »
I bought a vintage air kit from the US (Ebay ID 1329Keith) Got the kit about a year ago shipping made me nervous, but ebay shipped themselves and in total I saved about $800 getting it this way. Fitted it all myself save for the hose crimping (hoses and fittings included, just not crimped up) and gassing / leak testing. Only parst I had to buy was a 47" v belt and double row engine pulleys (I don't have P/S).

I'm no mechanic, but the instructions are brilliant. Heater / AC unit all in one, polished compressor ($60USD option!), uses original heater controls with electronic mod. Total cost about $1600 delivered maybe more now due to dollar.

Just make sure you're only using the smaller steel fan original fan shroud if you're running a 4 core, I had to cut my fibreglass one down to clear the compressor, looks a bit crud.

Offline Tempest

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2015, 03:24:58 am »
I installed Vintage Air in my 69 and its great.

My car is RHD so it was a little more involved as I had to fab up some of the brackets but it fits under the dash without any problems. Other than RHD mods the install was simple and straight forward and the instructions are easy to read and understand. My kit replaced all the cable controls with electronic and they all work easily without any problems and it looks original other than the small "vintage air" logo on the panel.

I'm in Darwin so you can imagine the system gets a work out but the air is always cold.

I didn't previously run a shrouded radiator fan but had to get a shroud once the A/C was fitted to keep the engine temp under control when stopped at the lights, but that was the only issue.