Generation 6 - S550 Discussion Area > Tech Torque Post 2015

2001 MUSTANG WITH 4.6L ENGINE - OPINIONS

(1/9) > >>

Giffo:
Hi All, I am new to Mustangs (even though been a mad fan for decades (now 54) and I am thinking of purchasing my first Stang. Even though I love all the models I am thinking on a 2001 Model with the SVT 4.6L with 32 valves etc. I have read about the change in blocks etc which caused cooling issues on one bank of the engine (6,7,8 cyl) and was a recall back in the days. Wife would prefer the air cond and power steering et. But that is not important :)
My question is, what are peoples opinions on this model? It is a manual and has 118,000 kms. Matching numbers. Bought from USA in 2003 and converted to right hand drive by Ford when it arrived. The owner has had it since 2003. They state they have had no issues. Very original and matching numbers.
Any opinions is appreciated. The price $24,000 (Convertible too).
I have some time as I am selling my Four Winns boat to finance this.
Cheers
Steve -  Sydney
 :flag:

Giffo:
Similar to the one here on sale on the MOCA site. Is the owner of this one a member on this site?

interested in this too.

Camaro91:
That car has been sold and is on it's way to Bathurst with a NSW member.

Giffo:
Thanks for the reply. I have an eye on another 2001 model. Any opinions on this model is appreciated

:flag:

boss69hogg:
Giffo - about time you joined the forum! My Uncle has had three of theses and a few members on here still do (stormin comes to mind). They are a good car in general, though have a tendency to go through clutch cables. All Cobras are manual, you will need to get a GT if you want auto (irrelevant for you I know).

That one from Coffs had damage to the other side and needed some work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version