My first Mustang 66 Coupe

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: My first Mustang 66 Coupe  (Read 27256 times)

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
Re: My first Mustang 66 Coupe
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2015, 10:14:40 am »
I am presuming they would be turned on by the switch when the door opens?

There should be a switch in the door jamb; it works in the same way as the one you have in your Torana but there will also be wires going into your door for the lights.

s
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:17:06 am by StephenSLR »

Offline Speed Demon

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Gonads
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2015, 10:20:47 am »
Yeah i'll check that out this week. They might even have blown globes who knows.

Offline mustang_talk

• Worked
  • Name: George
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2015, 10:22:46 am »
Do you mean this quote:

Many of the published dates for items like the Pony interior were scheduled release dates, not necessarily the actual release dates.

s

Yes...

Offline mustang_talk

• Worked
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2015, 10:24:03 am »
Yeah i'll check that out this week. They might even have blown globes who knows.

Could also be cut wires... Hopefully just globes.. Does the under dash light work? If not may be a blown fuse...

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2015, 10:27:32 am »
Yes...

Hmm, mine pre-dates the March date by 6 months though. I believe it is the original interior because it has the cut-out for the circular speedo in the deluxe dash; the pony interior isn't just the interior parts; the dash tooling in the factory would've been changed as well.

s

Offline Speed Demon

• Worked
  • I'm new here
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2015, 11:05:48 am »
Could also be cut wires... Hopefully just globes.. Does the under dash light work? If not may be a blown fuse...

Yeah could be I haven't noticed an underdash light, didnt know they had one  :grin:

Where is the fusebox in these cars, presuming under the dash like the Torana?

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2015, 11:13:53 am »
Yeah could be I haven't noticed an underdash light, didnt know they had one  :grin:
There's two, one for driver, one for passenger. Here's a wiring diagram I found for the 1966 Mustang.

The stuff that says 'door courtesy lights' is for a pony interior car, and the stuff for 'rear courtesy lights' is for a fastback. There is also 'console courtesy light' which your car might not have but it is actually a very simple system. The wire that I have highlighted in green will be green with a yellow stripe on the actual car and the one that I've highlighted in blue is black with a blue stripe. Hope that helps.

s

Offline mustang_talk

• Worked
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2015, 11:24:22 am »

Where is the fusebox in these cars, presuming under the dash like the Torana?

Yep, under the dash on the left hand side...

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2015, 11:40:56 am »
StephenSLR getting back to the centre line wheels , they are no better than most other wheels ,and they are expensive here because they can be . The convo pros are alloy not chrome outers .  They are made just like any other wheel  but at least they are light   , and maybe the outer rims are made in china but I am not sure about that ,but they do make the centres in house . Centre line is at Santa fe springs CA  and I have been into there work shop many many times . They are a dearer wheel than weld wheels and some others . I use to have polished centre line auto drags on my 69 Mach 1 in the early 80s ,then had the same wheels on my 70 Mach 1 from the late 80s for the next 20 years .
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:44:52 am by GLENN 70 »

Offline Speed Demon

• Worked
  • I'm new here
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2015, 11:46:50 am »
There's two, one for driver, one for passenger. Here's a wiring diagram I found for the 1966 Mustang.

The stuff that says 'door courtesy lights' is for a pony interior car, and the stuff for 'rear courtesy lights' is for a fastback. There is also 'console courtesy light' which your car might not have but it is actually a very simple system. The wire that I have highlighted in green will be green with a yellow stripe on the actual car and the one that I've highlighted in blue is black with a blue stripe. Hope that helps.

s

I have the light for the console under the carpet. When I fixed and changed the shifter a week or 2 ago I found the wiring for the console under there, it looks to be all there too.

Mate I am after a wiring diagram. Can you send me one via email please?

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2015, 11:49:00 am »
StephenSLR getting back to the centre line wheels , they are no better than most other wheels

Ah, okay. I got my info from an old Street Machine article, they went into the factory, etc. Could've been a 'paid for' article for all I know. I know they're used a lot in drag racing; do they make a different 'special order' wheel for these cars than the ones they sell the general public?

s

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2015, 11:51:49 am »
Mate I am after a wiring diagram. Can you send me one via email please?

If you click that diagram it will enlarge, you can then right click it to save it. It was something I found online; I don't have a stash of wiring diagrams, lol.

s

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2015, 11:57:53 am »
They have there race wheels and yes street wheels also . The price here is really controlled by Rocket industries as they are the main importer into Australia . Some other performance shops do import them as we'll .  You might see on some of the centre line ads their own hot rod ,that had at blown 440  a friend of mine bought off the owner and now is  on the Gold Coast but has a blown Hemi now .

Offline Speed Demon

• Worked
  • I'm new here
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2015, 11:58:34 am »
If you click that diagram it will enlarge, you can then right click it to save it. It was something I found online; I don't have a stash of wiring diagrams, lol.

s

No problem saved. I just wasn't sure if there was a few extra pages to the wiring diagram.

Just to touch on what you guys were saying about the Centreline convo pro's. It true they do have an alloy centre which makes them look a bit weird because the alloy centre looks different to the outer due to the outer being chromed. I have just recently bought convo pro's but they are made by Street Pro. They are a Chinese made rim which are copied off the Centreline convo pro but are an all alloy wheel that's been chromed, which in my opinion look far better and a hell of a lot cheaper too.