Want to buy a 1967 Fastback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Want to buy a 1967 Fastback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 26018 times)

Offline Jaz

• Pony
  • Looking to buy a 1967 - 1968 Mustang Fastback!!!
Re: Want to buy a 1967 Fastback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2014, 06:01:18 pm »
Alright!

With the Mustangs, are there many common issues which I will have to have a look at.
I will do some research on that type of area, like are there places where rust is most common, or parts that have been cut out?

Stuff like that, Is there anything I should no before buying a mustang?

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2014, 06:08:47 pm »
Can rust anywhere really . Always get a second person to check the car out with you and know what they are doing . As a buyer you can mis things when others may see problems . Take your time in finding the right car ,you don't want a lemon .

Offline 67FBGT

• Blue Printed
  • Car: 1967
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2014, 07:05:24 pm »
All up to you now!
Do your homework, get hold of some Mustang books, plenty out there; quiz your uncle about his car, compare his '67 to others, that's awesome that a member of your family has already got a Mustang; go to car shows & study them up close, talk to their owners, car people love to yak about their pride & joy; immerse yourself so you are very informed.
Take your time, be ready to pounce on a good one, avoid the roughies with rust they will cost you just as much maybe more in the long run. And, make sure you finally buy with head not heart.
Buy well & you will enjoy a very satisfying hobby.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 07:07:44 pm by 67FBGT »

Offline Jaz

• Pony
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2014, 07:07:57 pm »
All up to you now!
Do your homework, get hold of some Mustang books, plenty out there; quiz your uncle about his car, compare his '67 to others, that's awesome that a member of your family has already got a Mustang; go to car shows & study them up close, talk to their owners, car people love to yak about their pride & joy; immerse yourself so you are very informed.
Take your time, be ready to pounce on a good one, avoid the roughies with rust they will cost you just as much maybe more in the long run. And, make sure you finally buy with head not heart.
Buy well & you will enjoy a very satisfying hobby.
Can rust anywhere really . Always get a second person to check the car out with you and know what they are doing . As a buyer you can mis things when others may see problems . Take your time in finding the right car ,you don't want a lemon .
Alright!

With the Mustangs, are there many common issues which I will have to have a look at.
I will do some research on that type of area, like are there places where rust is most common, or parts that have been cut out?

Stuff like that, Is there anything I should no before buying a mustang?

:agree: scammers use all ,so its up to you to do all the checking . I have bought a few cars off e bay Usa  but checked them out 1st before bidding ,sorry checked them out in person .
Why? I don't see how it is any different to any other advertising medium. If a scammer has a scam running, they will use anything they can. I can think of several others that are much worse than ebay for scammers such as Gumtree or Craigslist. But still that is no reason to avoid watching them.

I think there should be a blanket rule for all internet advertising, think of all of them as a possible scam and do your homework properly on the car before handing over any money.

Thanks mate!

Thanks everyone!

Offline Jaz

• Pony
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2014, 07:09:34 pm »
Finally if you guys every do come buy a good 67' or 68 fastback, please let me know. I will be very grateful for your help.

Overall Thanks guys!

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2014, 03:36:13 pm »
I also found this one, the only problem is that its in the states, and I wont be able to see it. I have spoken to the owner and he said that its 100% and he wants to sell it because he will be going away.

To Nigeria by any chance? Let me guess it's in a container ready to ship so you can't inspect it?

Beware of scams, they're all over the place; don't every buy anything you can't have inspected.

I was on this site for a couple of years before I finally bought one. The longer you stick around the more you'll learn, the more you'll get a feel of what they're worth and which model/variant you prefer.

Also come out to some of the events/meets and chat with owners, you'll get to see more of them up close and in the flesh too.

s
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:53:21 pm by StephenSLR »

Offline Jaz

• Pony
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2014, 04:02:26 pm »
To Nigeria by any chance? Let me guess it's in a container ready to ship so you can't inspect it?

Beware of scams, they're all over the place; don't every buy anything you can't have inspected.

I was on this site for a couple of years before I finally bought one. The longer you stick around the more you'll learn, the more you'll get a feel of what they're worth and which model/variant you prefer.

Also come out to some of the events/meets and chat with owners, you'll get to see more of them up close and in the flesh too.

s

Yeh, Even if the car is a legit one, it will cost more then buying one from where I live.
Plus I dont want to buy it if i cant see it!

Cheers

Offline sea67n

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Sean
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2014, 04:14:48 pm »
Hi Jaz, I haven't actually seen this car as yet, but I had to stop into SydneyMustangParts to buy some odds and ends yesterday, in general discussion they told me they have a 67 fastback they just imported and looking to sell, no idea what condition or price, but doesn't hurt to give them a call

Offline Jaz

• Pony
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2014, 04:58:58 pm »
Hi Jaz, I haven't actually seen this car as yet, but I had to stop into SydneyMustangParts to buy some odds and ends yesterday, in general discussion they told me they have a 67 fastback they just imported and looking to sell, no idea what condition or price, but doesn't hurt to give them a call

Thanks bud!, I'll give them a call and see whats going on!

Cheers

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2014, 01:00:13 pm »
Other options in your price range could include later model Mustangs if you're willing to go a little more modern.
There've been some good buys in the 71-73 category.

s

Offline Jaz

• Pony
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2014, 02:40:13 pm »
Other options in your price range could include later model Mustangs if you're willing to go a little more modern.
There've been some good buys in the 71-73 category.

s

If I cant find a Fastback, I think think of getting a 1970 Boss.
Always loved those cars, but yeah, only if I cant find a Fastback!

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2014, 02:57:23 pm »
More bad luck for you buddy ,A 70 boss is a fastback and more than double the price .

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2014, 03:01:29 pm »
If I cant find a Fastback

There indeed are 71-73 era Mustang fastbacks, or should I say sportsroofs?

Correct me if I'm wrong, after the 1968 model, Mustang changed the terminology and fastbacks became known as sportsroofs right?

s
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:28:03 pm by StephenSLR »

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2014, 04:00:23 pm »
There are plenty of 71 to 73 coupes as well as sports roofs . Yes from 1969 fastbacks were called sportsroofs but I still call them fastbacks ,sounds better .

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2014, 04:38:00 pm »
There are plenty of 71 to 73 coupes as well as sports roofs.

Though they call them hardtops?

lol,  but convertibles are still convertibles.

:thumb:

Yes from 1969 fastbacks were called sportsroofs but I still call them fastbacks, sounds better.

I agree.

s

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2014, 05:40:16 pm »
Yes they are called hardtops not coupes .so they have a hardtop,convertible,fastback,sportsroof ,grande which is a hardtop ,then a Mach 1 which is a sportsroof .  :thud:

Offline RayAzza

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW
  • Name: RAY
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2014, 11:36:12 pm »
Hey Jaz
If you want to get one already done Shermatt has just listed a nice restored 67 GTA with full pictures off the rebuild on disc, seems to be at a reasonable price.
./__ __ __ __ __\.
( ]]] __ O __ [[[ )
 \_o_ _____ _o_/
   |___|     |___|

Offline Jaz

• Pony
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2014, 07:21:50 am »
Hey Jaz
If you want to get one already done Shermatt has just listed a nice restored 67 GTA with full pictures off the rebuild on disc, seems to be at a reasonable price.

Thanks Ray, Yeah they do. I contacted them a week about about certain prices, and they replied with a bunch of numbers. Just to get my mind around what I need to be expecting to pay!

Cheers Jaz

Offline nick5800

• Pony
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2015, 11:10:07 pm »
Not sure if this is what you might be interested in (the car in my avatar) but circumstances force me to part with my car.
PM me if you want my number to discuss further, hoping for around $65k which is way below cost.
$5.00/litre wouldn't stop me!!

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com

Offline 67FBGT

• Blue Printed
  • Car: 1967
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2015, 10:14:59 pm »
Well that WA one looks the goods & well priced.....is that maybe a Falcon colour, like Narooma Blue?
A standard interior but already has the Deluxe seats, a good start to completing a full Deluxe interior down the track which always looks & feels great.
Nice styled steel wheels, a pop-open GT gascap, & some other nice touches.
I like!