Mustang insurance

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Mustang insurance  (Read 25573 times)

Offline 66vert

• Worked
  • Name: Louis
Re: Mustang insurance
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 10:08:01 am »
Just renewed mine with Ryno $384 a year insured the convertible $52K on full rego

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 10:14:06 am »
So Louis yours has come down heaps since last year . 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:21:47 am by GLENN 70 »

Offline thruster

• Worked
  • Name: John.
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 12:56:35 pm »
It's just over $1,000 in QLD .

when we privatize 3rd party it will be cheaper they said ,its a  Bloody joke and makes me  :sick:

Offline 66vert

• Worked
  • Name: Louis
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 10:49:57 pm »
So Louis yours has come down heaps since last year .
yeah Glenn dropped by $100.00

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 03:59:43 pm »
Got my renewal from LSV today, 66 GT coupe, $55k for $555 + very modified Vr SS Commodore, $11,400 for $870....total for both incl GST & stamp duty, $1654. Both cars have limitations but I very happy with the Commodore, no one else comes close. Might give Ryno a call
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline Chopper

• Thoroughbred
  • vic MOCA number 2177
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 05:08:54 pm »
I am paying mine with Ryno tomorrow, $360 icl all fees and charges club redg 68 S code vert 70K agreed value
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:18:23 pm by Chopper »
If life gives you lemons make lemonade

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 08:42:22 pm »
Ryno got back to me and they are cheaper than LSV by  heaps cheaper than Shannon's  by quite a bit .  LSV were around $770 , Shannon's were around $590 and Ryno is around $ 470 ,all for the same cover for both mustangs . Looks like Ryno may get me this time ,as anyone had a problem with Ryno .

I'm with Ryno. Back in 2008 in my BF F6, I arrived on a road covered in oil. Slid off and hit a rock cliff and wrote it off. I was in a new car in two weeks. Can't complain about that! I was offered the wreck but let it go.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 08:50:31 pm »
I am paying mine with Ryno tomorrow, $360 icl all fees and charges club redg 68 S code vert 70K agreed value
Club rego? My quote is full rego, if I were u, I'd be shopping! Having said that, different states, different rates!
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline Chopper

• Thoroughbred
  • vic MOCA number 2177
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2015, 11:07:13 am »
Club rego? My quote is full rego, if I were u, I'd be shopping! Having said that, different states, different rates!
LSV and shannons were a fair bit more expensive and both refused to insure for more than 55K, i cant replace the car for 55k so its under insured.
If life gives you lemons make lemonade

Offline kmustangsteve

• Pony
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2015, 05:30:47 pm »
Hi Guys

I have just going through the insurance on my 65 GTK. Shannon's quoted $659 on full rego and no claims. Ryno $452 for the same cover ( $70,000)

I have been with Shannon's for nearly 10 yrs and will go back to Shannon's and see if they can come close to Ryno's quote. If not, I will be changing companies.

Steve

Offline SXTY8

• Worked
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2015, 04:20:35 pm »
I've just received my renewal from Lumleys and it seems OK, ($619 for $70K for my car and $10K for my bike, both on club plates) but I like to check around before paying it.
I tried to get a quote from Ryno, but they won't insure me because I imported the car myself.
What difference does it make whether I imported the car or bought it from someone who imported it?
I'll try Shannons but I don't expect them to be anywhere near Lumleys going on past experience.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2015, 04:53:47 pm »
I've just received my renewal from Lumleys and it seems OK, ($619 for $70K for my car and $10K for my bike, both on club plates) but I like to check around before paying it.
I tried to get a quote from Ryno, but they won't insure me because I imported the car myself.
What difference does it make whether I imported the car or bought it from someone who imported it?
I'll try Shannons but I don't expect them to be anywhere near Lumleys going on past experience.
LSV all the way, remember Shannons is now & has been for some time owned/underwritten by the same co as GIO ie; SunCorp
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:34:11 am by GT Sally »

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2015, 09:18:18 pm »
SIXTY8 , I am insured with Ryno ,and only a couple of mths ago ,and have both of my mustangs with them ,and guess what I imported both of them myself . Talk to someone else  at Ryno .  They were cheaper by far for me and I had been with LSV and Shannon's  for about 15 years ,so I changed .

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2015, 08:44:36 pm »
I think you will find you miss understood , I think by personal import they mean someone who has moved to australia and imported their car with them , not someone just importing a car who is already a resident of australia.
this is from the aust gov website definition of personal import
Personal Import Option
The Personal Import Option allows migrants settling in Australia, and expatriate Australian citizens returning permanently to Australia after a long period overseas, to bring their personal vehicle, owned for the qualifying 12 month period, with them
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline LA PONY

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm still new here
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 10:39:11 am »
Just renewed mine for the "66 Coupe with LSV, $456.00 for $32k. Full insurance so I get to drive it where & when I want, towing & roadside assist & I keep the wreck (god forbid) if it gets to that. :sick:
cheers Rob   :cheers:

Offline kmustangsteve

• Pony
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2015, 01:38:03 pm »
Just heard back from Shannon's and they price matched Rynos quote. See my early post. It just goes to shows what a little competition will do and it pays to check.

Steve

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2015, 02:18:29 pm »
It's strange ,I was with Shannon's and they couldn't compete with LSV so I changed to LSV .then last year Shannon's were a little cheaper than LSV but both were miles away from Ryno ,so I'm with Ryno . I did try and go with the others but they couldn't even match or come close to Ryno .

Offline Speed Demon

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Gonads
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2015, 03:44:09 pm »
I was with LSV with my Torana and they got a little expensive so I got a quote from Shannons which I was very happy with. I bought the Mustang and gave Shannons a call and they insured it for another very nice price.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2015, 10:16:24 am »
I was with LSV with my Torana and they got a little expensive so I got a quote from Shannons which I was very happy with.

I had my Torana with Shannons and LSV's (Lumley's) comprehensive insurance was cheaper than Shannon's Third Party insurance so that was a no brainer for me to change to Lumley.

Where you live also factors in the price and make sure you mention how often you drive.

Ryno are the cheapest for my Mustang and Lumley the cheapest for my Torana so it pays to shop around.

s

Offline SXTY8

• Worked
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2015, 09:57:45 pm »
I finally got onto Ryno and their price was the best. $742 for my car at $70K, one bike at $10K and another one at $7.5K, so I'll be changing to them when my current insurance runs out in 2 weeks.

Offline GEOFF289

• Blue Printed
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2015, 05:07:31 pm »
Just been onto Ryno about increasing the insured value of my '66 coupe after investing in a new engine and transmission during the year. Easy as! No dramas, arguments, photos or receipts required.

Offline Speed Demon

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Gonads
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2015, 05:37:12 pm »
I had my Torana with Shannons and LSV's (Lumley's) comprehensive insurance was cheaper than Shannon's Third Party insurance so that was a no brainer for me to change to Lumley.

Where you live also factors in the price and make sure you mention how often you drive.

Ryno are the cheapest for my Mustang and Lumley the cheapest for my Torana so it pays to shop around.

s

That's funny. I was with LSV with my Torana and they were just increasing their price every year. I got a quote from Shannon's that I was very happy with so I went with them. Then before I bought the Mustang I rang Shannon's again for a quote,  they gave me an excellent price so the Stang is now with them too.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2015, 05:43:24 pm »
That's funny. I was with LSV with my Torana and they were just increasing their price every year. I got a quote from Shannon's that I was very happy with so I went with them.

I guess it depends where you live, your age, driving regularity and when maybe even the time of day you call, lol.

s

Offline teacherspet

• Worked
  • Name: Pete
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2015, 06:06:39 pm »
Just been onto Ryno about increasing the insured value of my '66 coupe after investing in a new engine and transmission during the year. Easy as! No dramas, arguments, photos or receipts required.

I went with Ryno & found them to be a fair bit cheaper than Shannons for exactly the same cover & conditions.

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2015, 07:13:19 pm »
Got a call from a friend a few days ago who told me that RACV is now offering classic car insurance. He rang them out of curiosity & they quoted ONE THIRD of the price he's paying with Shannons! That's with choice of repairer.

Evan.