help on buying a mustang in california

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: help on buying a mustang in california  (Read 13296 times)

Offline stang66

• L Plates
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 06:02:15 pm »
Tanzit express is no longer running  , the only thing running is our money , i was done for $6205 and still cant find my 2 cars !

Offline BossKraft

• Worked
    • Bosskraft
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 08:37:46 pm »
I am in the USA 4 to 5 times a year myself, for Mustang related work and judging at MCA concours events. I am happy to inspect cars all over (and in Australia) if required and if I am not there, I have very close friends that will do it for you to ensure you dont buy a lemon. They are people that I trust to inspect cars that I buy sight unseen.

Shipping across the USA, in my opinion, is not as cheap as one of the recent posts on this thread ($1300). With rising fuel prices in the USA, they are pushing around $2000USD from East Coast to West (in a fully enclosed and sound transporter with a trustworthy driver! If your purchase isnt worth worrying about, you could probably get a cheaper quote, but my guy is fantastic and loves Mustangs himself. He spends most of his time hauling Boss 429's and cars of that value around the USA.

Depends how careful you want to be I suppose, but I dont cut corners. Thats why I sleep well at night and why my cars arrive in the same condition they were purchased in.

Feel free to contact me if you need help in any way, or to find a car.

bosskraft@hotmail.com
Sean McDonagh
MCA Gold Card Judge
Judge at SAAC events
Retired MOCA Head Judge (one of them)

Offline Camaro91

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW member 302 ... since 2001
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 10:44:39 pm »
If you are going to import the car into OZ, just make sure you have import approval BEFORE it leaves the US of A.  Many people have had to cart their treasure all the way back to the US (or maybe NZ if lucky) simply because Aust Customs were not happy with the paperwork.  Check out the adds in Unique Cars and Just Cars by the Federal Govt.

Take care, use someone that has experience shipping to OZ and check it twice yourself just to be sure to be sure.

Offline Phil P

• P Plates
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 06:15:45 pm »
Do Auotpraise then also provide a service to assist in the transfer of ownership etc ie. I am just starting to look and am wondering from a practical point on how the transction of change of ownership occurs.

Originally posted by wasaths
We have used Auto Appraise, there website is www.auotappraise.com. Their contact number is 810 694 2008.  They have people all over America and they give you an excellent report and photos. Some of them are concourse judges so they are very harsh but at least you know what you are getting and there are no surprises. We had a number of harsh comments but bought the car anyway as we did want a show car just a car that we could drive and would have not trouble with. Hope that is of some help. :(

Offline wasaths

• Pony
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 09:07:31 am »
Yes, I'm pretty sure they will, I have been in contact with them recently regarding an inspection service and transfer of money, which they can do for us and have also offered to find storage for us if needed. They are very helpful and I cant recommend them enough.

Offline victorypark

• Worked
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 12:41:31 pm »
Schumacher's in LA is supposed to be very good too.

Offline Phil P

• P Plates
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 09:27:04 pm »
Originally posted by wasaths
Yes, I'm pretty sure they will, I have been in contact with them recently regarding an inspection service and transfer of money, which they can do for us and have also offered to find storage for us if needed. They are very helpful and I cant recommend them enough.

Thanks wasaths, are you in WA?

Offline wasaths

• Pony
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 07:03:09 pm »
Check your U2U

Offline hbstang

• L Plates
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 07:29:30 am »
ok mustang fanatics,i may be able to help out some one who is serious about buying and importing a car from the states.i live in southern california and can travel to arizona,and nevada on a limited basis.i am not a company,just another mustang fan looking to help out and make a few bucks.i am currently working with a couple in perth with parts and cars as well.they do importing and restoration work etc in perth.i have been building,racing,and playing with mustangs and fords for 30 plus years.you can contact lee lester or sheriden in perth.they ship out of wilmington california.also i have refrences from bruce marston in south au that i help get his 70 boss 429 mustang a few years ago.so if you are intested message me and i can send you my number.thanks,dan.:p

Offline 68 gt390

• Pony
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 12:51:46 pm »
Pete Tate www.foytt.com   001 310 683 9141 for all mustang inspections in the states