Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque 1974 to 1978

Does anyone know the torque setting for the camber pin nuts?

(1/1)

Mustangpaul:
Hello after half a dozen wheel alignments and discovering the camber pin nuts were stripped I would like to tell the mechanic what to torque them to . Does anyone know the torque setting for the camber pin nuts please?

mert:
68 shop manual - lower arm to underbody 75-100 lb-ft

Mustangpaul:

--- Quote from: Mustangpaul on April 30, 2014, 09:52:53 am ---Hello after half a dozen wheel alignments and discovering the camber pin nuts were stripped I would like to tell the mechanic what to torque them to . Does anyone know the torque setting for the camber pin nuts please?

--- End quote ---

Thanks got that, the real problem was that the aftermarket camber pins ahd a short thread ans therefor would never tighten enough, they just ran out of thread, that problem is fixed well, now,

Cheers

Paul

shaunp:
I only use K-mac brand heavy duty bolts, XY falcon ones. Washers are twice as thick and nuts are double length.

Mustangpaul:

--- Quote from: shaunp on September 21, 2015, 08:10:54 pm ---I only use K-mac brand heavy duty bolts, XY falcon ones. Washers are twice as thick and nuts are double length.

--- End quote ---

Normally I would say that advice makes cents, but your advice is so good it makes dollars :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version