RetroSound or Not

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: RetroSound or Not  (Read 13666 times)

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
Re: RetroSound or Not
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 09:25:59 am »
I did an aerial delete on my car during repaint, and put an adhesive one on back window. Works fine.

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
  • Name: John
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 10:30:48 am »
wrong way around, 2 antennae's one radio.

Great pick up. I didn't realise it. It was late late my eyes were half shut. Lol.

Offline 83xe

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2014, 01:17:23 pm »
A interesting article in Jan Mustang Monthly regarding RetroSound model two

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/1401_how_to_upgrade_your_vintage_mustangs_audio/

Offline wildplum

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 05:35:32 pm »
I just have a hidden amp with an iPod/iPhone lead coming up beside the seats nothing to be seen just tuck lead away  and using pandora app i have plenty of music.  I am looking for a 1969 fastback trapdoor with speaker holes if anyone has one
2/73. JG33 KWTB
8/1969 63C S5 Mach1
6/1965 76B 8B94

Offline 69_stang

• Worked
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »
I just have a hidden amp

Saw a very original set up the other day where the original face plate of radio was retained, so no dash butchery, but a new stereo mounted behind it.  All you can see is original face plate.
Controlled with remote.

Looked fantastic !!!!!

Offline Paul Neilson

• Pony
  • Name: Paul Neilson
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 09:54:55 pm »
Just installed a Retrosound model 2 with dual core in dash speaker and kick panel speakers from Sydney  Mustang Centre. Sound is at least as good as in my FG XR6 ute. Blue tooth audio and phone work great
 ( using iphone 5 ) All in all I am more than happy, the Retrosound unit is a faithfull reproduction of the original radio but with modern sound and features.  - exactly as advertised.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 10:53:04 pm »
Mojo, the RetroSound Model 2 (as are all of them) are a direct fit for the factory dash hole. You don't use the flat faceplate, unless you're using it to repair a dash fascia that has been previously opened up for a Single Din.
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline MACH_ONE

• Worked
  • torque to me
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 11:06:34 pm »
I have a retro sound with 6 x 9 pioneers in the parcel shelf. The sound is good not high end but it has mosfet which basically is a mini amp..the same as Pioneer use. It may not be high end but who cares! you drive a mustang and I want to hear my twin inch exhaust rumbling, but cruising along to some beats via USB or I pod jack it does the job pretty damn well.

Fitting is straight forward...the good thing with the retro sound are the brackets they can be varied to suit any nasty hack job that someone has done to the original dash and once the fascia plate is on presto looks as good as new. Make sure you read the manual carefully make sure you have the yellow wire to constant 12 volt eg battery or cigarette lighter and the red to accessories and make sure you have a decent earth. If your screen comes up with gibberish it means you haven't wired up correctly................... overall its a good system.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:08:53 pm by MACH_ONE »
My other car is a Mustang ( ok I lied this one cost me enough)

Offline MACH_ONE

• Worked
  • torque to me
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 11:15:03 pm »
btw Custom Mustangs I bought mine from. I had a problem with my Retro sound basically it was a dud..oh well it happens Custom Mustangs changed it over no questions (like the plug I just gave you guys??? I better get a Good discount next time I come in lol)...also the other good thing of Retro Sound is If you email them with a problem in the US they actually do get back to you straight away.Hence how I found out mine was faulty.
My other car is a Mustang ( ok I lied this one cost me enough)

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 11:29:46 pm »
Cheers Andrew.
RetroSound actually prefer you contact them directly, with any fitment or operational issues, because the info given to them to diagnose, is straight from the horses mouth, as is any suggestions of installation problems etc.
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline 1 GTA

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Glenn
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 12:15:52 pm »
go retrosound model 2.