It's official, Happyone going to USA in April anyone else going to Charlotte ?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: It's official, Happyone going to USA in April anyone else going to Charlotte ?  (Read 19677 times)

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
 :omg:  I was wondering just how long it could remain a secret ........Thanks Matt !!  :grin:

Neil .....All I will say on will it pass ole Blue  is ...................we will have to wait and see !

I will put some pic's up of our new toy soon ....but it's a very very cherry 1969 Mach 1 with a very impressive new 429 SCJ engine and C6 box.

Feeling over the moon and cant wait to get over there to drive it !! :thumb:

Offline ND69

• Worked
 Ed al I can do is :cry: :drool: :cry: and say :cheers:

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
A 1969 with a 429 SCJ ,tight fit .

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
OK - here are some pics of the new beast.

We will be fitting a new rear louver and front spoiler when we get there --- and and also going to eventually fit up an original style under dash air conditioning unit to the car.

:evilone:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:15:32 pm by HAPPY ONE »

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
well all I can say is
"Ed ,    you utter B*st*rd I hate you" :thumb:

:cry: :cry: ....Man up ya f*ckin sook  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Got to love the 69ers  :thumb: ps are you going to kosmos tomorrow night .

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
OK - here are some pics of the new beast....

If Darth Vader drove a classic Mustang,  this is what it would be like ......Meet the "Black Mach Vader"

We will be fitting a new rear louver and front spoiler when we get there --- and and also going to eventually fit up an original style under dash air conditioning unit to the car.

:evilone:

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
Got to love the 69ers  :thumb: ps are you going to kosmos tomorrow night .

Glenn, we might end up going up there, if it's not raining that is...as the vert is allergic to water!

Are you going ?

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
mine to ,praying its fine ,might take my 70 mach .

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Great looking car. There are a couple of maps on this Boss 302 forum post that might interest you.

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=65538.0;topicseen

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
Great looking car. There are a couple of maps on this Boss 302 forum post that might interest you.

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=65538.0;topicseen

Thanks mwizz, they are good maps to keep -- we will be in the centre oval somewhere with our cars.

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
Hey happy,  could you get some better shots of the engine bay please, also do you know what intake manifold the beastie is running.....
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

Offline LEE H 69

• Worked
ED, I bet Adam is rubbing his hands together looking at his inheritance  :evilone: :evilone: :evilone: :pepper:

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
ED, I bet Adam is rubbing his hands together looking at his inheritance  :evilone: :evilone: :evilone: :pepper:

:grin: :grin: That's Ok Lee.....we told both kids, both cars will be sold to fund our retirment villa as we dont trust them to choose wisely.

Adam's idea of a villa for dad, is one where the back door opens directly out over a 200mtr cliff face...the little shit !!

Besides it's a lot more fun for us spending their so called inheritence money and having a chuckle back at them in the process  :grin: :grin:

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
Starting to get really excitted, not long to go now !!

Just an update: were getting a NOS 69 underdash airconditioning unit installed, new rear louvre and front chin spoiler hooked up ....should look SWEET AS !!

Oh....and also getting the ram air cleaner housing fixed up too ...yay !!

:evilone: :evilone:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:04:45 pm by HAPPY ONE »

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
We were actually up in Charlotte yesterday and figured we would suss out the surroundings. The house were staying at is ENORMOUS....and as for the track....thats just as big.

Only 5 minutes from each other but there's one road that leads to I85 ?? that we are gonna stay the hell away from...bumper to bumper for miles. K-OTIC not gonna like that

Found a few bars, a couple of neat 2 nd collector car places that sell cool shi7 and even found the getto (twice)

I will shoot you a video of the house on bookface when I get it loaded

Matt

Offline LEE H 69

• Worked
Ed when do you fly out?
I'm just thinking about asking you to maybe pick something up for me :evilone: only some window brackets,
maybe I'll ask Matt to source them. I'll give you a ring anyway :thumb:

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
Lee,

At the moment we are booked to fly out on Friday 11th April .....However, I may have a new job (I'll know more Friday this week or early next week)

If so, I maybe heading over a little bit earlier and doing a 3-4 day boot camp coarse with them in Virginia.

So it could end up being around 3rd - 5th April........then I'd head down to Tampa on the 8th or 9th April.

Send me a PM or phone me and we can sort out what you want and if we either bring it back with us, or put it in the car when it gets shipped over .....one thing I can guarantee, is  the car won’t be coming over empty!

:grin: :grin:

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Got me thinking ,but just checked air fares Qantas ,brisbane to LA return for those dates 1,920 dollars   :thud:

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Ed when do you fly out?
I'm just thinking about asking you to maybe pick something up for me :evilone: only some window brackets,
maybe I'll ask Matt to source them. I'll give you a ring anyway :thumb:

Lee

If its the window brackets Im thinking of...Sherm is the fabricator and supplier to the US for such items...if you see them in a catalog...they come from him...might just be your lucky day. happy to grab you a set

Ed,

Flights are now booked for the G banger and his camera man. There heading over on the 9th...arrive on the 9th. On the 11th were heading over to Orlando to film the richard petty experience as we T'd up the track for a drive for G' in a NASCAR and then back in time to pick you up like a 2 dollar W#### at the airport. If things change with your job and dates, thats cool, we'll work around it.  :thumb:

Is there anyone else heading to Charlotte?

Matt & Sheri

Offline LEE H 69

• Worked
Thanks Matt
I'm changing my glue in door glass to the bolt type, so I'm chasing the bracket and rubber gaskets...plus anything else I need for the swap over. I have the glass just need the rest.
If you can source the parts awesome, and Ed can either throw them in his suitcase or the car as he said earlier.

Pm me the cost when you are ready and we can sort that out

thanks
Lee

sorry to hijack your thhread ED

Offline BLU302

• Worked
Lee

If its the window brackets Im thinking of...Sherm is the fabricator and supplier to the US for such items...if you see them in a catalog...they come from him...might just be your lucky day. happy to grab you a set

Ed,

Flights are now booked for the G banger and his camera man. There heading over on the 9th...arrive on the 9th. On the 11th were heading over to Orlando to film the richard petty experience as we T'd up the track for a drive for G' in a NASCAR and then back in time to pick you up like a 2 dollar W#### at the airport. If things change with your job and dates, thats cool, we'll work around it.  :thumb:

Is there anyone else heading to Charlotte?

Matt & Sheri
Hi Matt
There's 6 of us from Qld driving cross-country from Fort Worth to Charlotte.
We get to Concord on 16th April
I think we're staying at a Hilton somewhere near the Raceway. (Wife's organised that.)
Hope we can catch up with as many people as possible.
Lee - we plan to visit the NPD depot in Charlotte so I may be persuaded to squeeze some small items in the luggage.
Cheers,
Bob
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:48:01 pm by BLU302 »

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
Ed,

then back in time to pick you up like a 2 dollar W#### at the airport. Matt & Sheri

I may be a whore, but I ain't cheap OK !!........$2 is all I pay when I'm the bitch on heat !!

Guy's I'm starting to think when it get's a little closer we should nominate a meeting place / bar etc to all hook up.

Failing that, I have no doubt everyone will find the "Fat Kid" and owner of K-OTIC and one of his side kicks "Once was Tubs" and new owner of "Mach Vadar" aka me :) somewhere in the centre oval of Charlote speedway .......bring it on !!   :evilone:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:57:22 pm by HAPPY ONE »

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
Wow less than 1 month away before we head off and it seems everything is falling to shit on us at this point in time - is it just me or is the world really out to get some of us - maybe l did something really f*ckin bad in a previous life?

1. Things not going good on the work front at this point.

2. My dearest sister is going through hell at the moment ...she has been struggling with two brain tumors and a bowel tumor for the past 5-6 months....I feel sick every time I think of it,  she has sacrificed so much in her own life for others , me included...she really doesn't desevere what she is going through. No one ever really does, I know !!

We have been waiting for about 3 months for a date for her surgury to remove these shitty tumors.

3 To top it off  we just got told, her surgery date has come through and guess what ...it's the same date we fly out to the USA ....

No it couldn't be I said ....surely god is not that much of a prick I said to my sister ...why not a week before, or even a day or two......yep she replied it's the 11th April. .....she then said "you are not to cancel you flights we will stay in touch via Skype.

At this point I just want to f*cken scream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry just needed to off load.

:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

Offline mojocoops

• Worked
Sorry to hear, really seems like a bad string of luck!  As much as you'd want to be there to support your sister, as she's said - you can't cancel your trip.

I can't imagine how hard it has been, but hope things improve.