Shelby may be down for a few days

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Shelby may be down for a few days  (Read 1300 times)

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Worked
    • http://www.yourithelp.com.au
Shelby may be down for a few days
« on: October 02, 2013, 04:23:38 pm »
It appears that we may have to rebuild the Shelby website.

None of the registry files have been lost and will be restored once the website is rebuilt.

Regards  Peter
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Worked
Re: Shelby may be down for a few days
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 12:23:50 pm »
We have decided to rebuild the Shelby website in the latest version of Joomla which is the version 3 series.

The Registry is intact and hasn't been compromised or accessed by hackers, but the shelby site itself has had malaware injected into it.

We could have wound the website back but if we did we may have lost some registry data hence the decision to rebuild.

Shelby will be offline whilst it is being rebuilt from scratch, the time offline will give Google some time to verify the that the website is now clean.

Regards  Peter
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:03:54 pm »
Pete

funny you should have this problem.

I was cruising Google the other day and ended up at the Shelby site (US) I got all the info I needed then closed the window

The next day, I went to post in this day in history thread, and this screen popped up

It only did it on this day in history pages (all of them)

If I hit recent posts....all those links worked fine

I hit the advanced link and went on to get the stats from google direct to the above forum and it said of the 21 pages google searched, 18 were infected

It may mean something to you/ it may not. Just thought I d let you know

Matt

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Worked
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 10:51:55 pm »
Hi Shermatt,
                    Yes there was a problem because your signature was actually hosted on the Shelby website.

It has been now moved to the Mustang website and all is fine now, as you can understand just about every post in that thread had your signature in it, hence the trigger.

If you clear your cache you will no longer have a problem as Shelby has been taken off line until it is rebuilt and all signatures and avatars are been moved to the Mustang website.

Regards  Peter