New Mustang. I hope not!!!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: New Mustang. I hope not!!!  (Read 12129 times)

Offline Darren Dorcich

• Worked

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
Re: New Mustang. I hope not!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:58:01 pm »
 :agree: Current shape is so much better.  :thumb:

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 06:58:29 pm »
Interesting, havn't seen that until now. Seems like it will move along with a V8 in it being much lighter but I won't be happy if we only get a 4 cyl turbo model in Aus.

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 08:31:25 pm »
Latest Wheels report says 4, 6 and 8 cylinder versions for Australia.
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 08:57:39 pm »
Latest Wheels report says 4, 6 and 8 cylinder versions for Australia.

I hope so

Offline mustang_talk

• Worked
  • Name: George
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 09:09:22 pm »
I don't mind it. It has a muscle car look just a bit more compact. Having said that would love a four door option. Much easier to get the kids in and out. Looking forward to it's arrival in :flag:.

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 10:10:01 pm »
That's just an artists impression by some magazine - they know nothing
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car finally on the road!! (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (422chp/
493 clbft.)

Offline Moz

• Blue Printed
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 04:58:54 am »
I got told by a guy who is up there, in Ford that
it would be a V6

Moz

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 07:38:13 pm »
Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMG

Offline unilec5544

• Worked
  • Name: Neil.
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 09:27:45 pm »
With the cost of fuel always on the way up, it seems most car makers are downsizing both cars and engines sizes as well, guess we will just have to live with that. Fortunately there are still plenty of old classics around. :thumb:

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 09:35:19 pm »
mustang talk what are you talking about ,a 4 door mustang  :sick: a 4 cyl  :sick: a 6cyl  :sick: a V8 :pepper:

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 10:50:47 pm »
I got told by a guy who is up there, in Ford that
it would be a V6

Moz

This was published by motoring.co.au a few days ago:

Ford locks in right-hand drive Mustang for Australia and New Zealand
Ford has committed to releasing its next-generation Mustang in Australia and New Zealand, as it was widely expected do at an unprecedented future model reveal in Sydney today.

The 2014 Mustang is expected to be revealed for the first time globally at the Detroit auto show in January, before joining in with a whole variety of 50th anniversary celebrations scheduled for North America in April and going on sale here in right-hand drive form the following year.

“The car has a unique connection with customers,” said Ford Vice-President of Global Marketing, Sales and Service and Lincoln, Jim Farley.

“It speaks to who we are – allowing you to enjoy the freedom of the journey like never before.

“One Ford is opening the door for Australians and consumers around the world to our best-ever portfolio of vehicles and giving them new reasons to look again at Ford. The Ford Mustang is one of these vehicles.”

The next-gen Mustang should go on sale in Australia in 2015, with a starting price potentially below $50,000 if we get the four-cylinder turbo-petrol version.

Also on the shopping list for Australia are 230kW 3.7-litre V6 and 320kW Coyote V8 engines. We can only hope for the mooted – but not confirmed – near-500kW supercharged 5.8-litre Shelby GT500.

Codenamed S550, the 2015 Mustang will ride on an all-new platform and wear dramatic new sheetmetal inspired by the 2011 EVOS concept (pictured).

Initially available only in 2+2 coupe form, it will again be joined by a convertible.

motoring.com.au sources say the first four-cylinder Mustang will share significantly with Falcon ads that car's 2.0-litre engine was the first rear-drive, longitudinal application of Ford’s new EcoBoost four-cylinder engine globally.

While the second-generation ‘Nano’ EcoBoost turbo-four will grow to 2.3 litres for the base Mustang (and upcoming Focus RS), development by Australian engineers of the 2.0-litre FG Falcon was a direct precursor for the entry-level Mustang, which will also feature the Falcon’s six-speed 6R80 automatic transmission.

Noise, vibration and harshness lessons learned in adapting the inherently coarser direct-injection engine to the Falcon will also be incorporated into the next Mustang.
However, Ford’s new performance leader will also ride on suspension developed in Australia, including a derivative of the Virtual Pivot alloy front-end engineered for the SZ Territory and FG Falcon and an aluminium version of the Control Blade independent rear suspension developed for the same vehicles.

The shift from a live rear axle to IRS may not please Mustang customers with a penchant for drag racing, but should bring better road holding and ride quality. Unfortunately, while at least three Mustang engineering mules have been spotted featuring the new alloy IRS in Victoria, the more exotic new rear-end will not be seen under next year’s final Falcon, the FH.

There is a certain irony in the technical teaming up of Mustang and Falcon, as the original 1964–and-a-half (so dubbed because of its introduction in April 1964) pony car was based on the second generation North American Falcon.

Now heading toward the end of its fifth generation, more than 8.5 million Mustangs have been sold since launch, the vast bulk in North America.

The sixth generation goes global as part of the blue oval’s One Ford campaign, which attempts to spread the company’s model lineup far and wide rather than developing regional overlapping models. That means we get Mustang but also plays a role in killing the locally-developed Falcon and Territory.

This won’t be the first time Mustang has been on-sale here as the original Hardtop was sold in Australia between 1965 and 1973 and the Liftback Mustang II between 1974 and 1978. FPV predecessor Tickford sold locally-converted RHD fourth generation Mustang coupes and convertibles here between 2001 and 2003.
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 10:50:17 am »
Apparent spy shot:

I'm liking the looks of this one.

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 10:58:18 am »
a 6cyl :sick:

My I6 might not have the power or torque of a V8 but sure sounds like one..
I'll put it this way, the mechanics had to pop the hood before they believed me! :grin:
It corners and stops better than a V8, plenty of room to work on it too! :bolt:
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline boss351

• Worked
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 11:08:51 am »

When the 2016 Mustang is released it will be a WORLD CAR so you know that means boring and practical! :toetapping:

Might be like having a V8 Mondeo! :sick:

I still think the 05 to now have the retro look with the best features of early models!  :evilone: :burnout:
Life is short drive a Mustang

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 11:34:00 am »
I still think the 05 to now have the retro look with the best features of early models!
:agree:
I'd take an 07 - 12 GT 500 Super Snake ANY DAY!
I'm just waiting for the prices to come down once Ford start bringing them in.. :evilone:
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 12:34:01 pm »
This won’t be the first time Mustang has been on-sale here ..... the Liftback Mustang II between 1974 and 1978.

Really?

I don't think I've ever seen one.

s

Offline mustang_talk

• Worked
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 06:31:04 pm »
Glenn70, A V8 four door mustang would be great as a daily driver. The FPVs cruising around don't look too bad.

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 09:42:54 pm »
A 4 door Mustang has always been around in 6 and 8 cylinder versions. They were named Falcons. If you want 4 doors, please don't wish it upon the current Mustang, it's not in the car's character or style parameters and would look awful. JMHO. each to his own.
Cheers, Ron B

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

Offline mustang_talk

• Worked
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 07:21:57 am »
Theres alot worse one could wish for. Agree, each to there own. Looking forward to seeing what Ford do come up with. 

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 09:17:07 am »
If you want 4 doors, please don't wish it upon the current Mustang, it's not in the car's character or style parameters and would look awful.

I feel the same about a 4 cyl. version, turbo or not, leave that for the resurrection of the Ford Laser.

s

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 02:41:51 pm »
If you want 4 doors, please don't wish it upon the current Mustang, it's not in the car's character or style parameters and would look awful.
:agree:
After 50 years of Mustangs having 2 doors, adding two more would be like adding two extra legs to the horse in the grille! :grin:
It just wouldn't look right... :bolt:
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 02:43:19 pm »
4 doors are just like the blue oval badge, do not belong on a Mustang.  :bolt:
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 03:51:22 pm »
if it's got 4 doors - it can not - and never will be- a Mustang!

Period!
IMG