Summit Racing

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Summit Racing  (Read 13461 times)

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Re: Summit Racing
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 07:37:08 am »
Hi Shaun, did your exhaust system include the headers or just from the headers back ?? I have been searching for a new system & was also looking at that Flow-master setup. Possibly connecting to a set of "shortie" headers.
cheers Rob

Rob they are from the headers back but long tubes not shortys. I got some Headman long tubes from Sydney Mustang supplies. My car is RHD, and these fit with an XF box, most shorties wont. SMS had headmen make them specially for them. About $740 from memory and they are ceramic coated as well, they fit LHD as well I'm pretty sure. Nice pipes 1-5/8 primary pipes to 3" collectors.

Offline USAtoAUS

• Stallion
    • www.usatoaus.com
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 08:06:48 am »
Hi folks, just wanting to know if any of you fellow "stangers" have had dealings with Summit Racing. I am looking at getting some parts together to start building the new engine for my '66. Any info regarding delivery times or getting the complete order etc, would be appreciated. If there are any suggestions on other sellers, i would be keen to hear about them as well.

cheers Rob     :cheers:

We have at least a half dozen client orders in each container we ship out of the west coast (weekly). Summit are very good, prices are usually the cheapest around. Sometimes they like to pack small things in large boxes (received a screwdriver in a 1' x 1' x 3' box once).

If you are not in a hurry for your parts then Summit will ship free to us (with the exception of a few bulky items) and we are the cheapest sea freight out of the USA.
Shipping from the USAtoAUS (BRI - FRE - MEL - SYD)
www.USAtoAUS.com

Offline yamahore

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm new here
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 10:39:52 pm »
I buy from them all the time, even full exhaust systems, no issue, use I- Parcel for small stuff and DHL for exhausts etc. Probably spent 20 k with them in the last couple of years. Delivery on I- parcel is about 10 days, DHL 5. I generally order just $1k so not to incur duty. The last Full Flow-master American Thunder, mandrel bent stainless 2.5" twin system worked out about $890 to my door.

Is the 1k limit in Aussie Dollars including shipping price? or what do they go off?

Offline LA PONY

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm still new here
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 10:44:38 pm »
Sounds good Shaun, i'll have to look into it, slowly getting around to everything  haha
cheers Rob

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 12:09:50 am »
I was pricing cams from Summit and their postage last night to here was $74.88.. 

Is this right?

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 06:58:53 am »

Is the 1k limit in Aussie Dollars including shipping price? or what do they go off?

In theory they can charge you GST after that. but I don't think it includes shipping as the they print the declared value of the product on the receipt for customs, you can fill a pretty big box about 1m long and shipping will be about $130, ie roller rockers, Holley, RPM manifold and some ARP bolts etc was about $130-$140. But the carb was $100 cheaper than here as was the manifold and rocker, quite saving overall.

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 07:28:56 am »

Here's a quote from Customs:

Duty is determined on the Customs value of the goods.  The Customs value of the goods is usually the amount you paid for your goods, converted to Australian currency.  The exchange rate that is used is the rate applied on the day the goods were posted or exported.

GST is paid on the Value of the Taxable Importation (VoTI).

The VoTI is the sum of:

the Customs value (Cval)
transport and insurance cost (or postage and insurance) (T&I)
any duty payable, plus
WET (if applicable).

So duty is payable on goods over $Aus1000 and GST is payable if and when the total value of the goods includng postage, etc is taken into account. Check out this link:  http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp

Cheers

Dave
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline yamahore

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm new here
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 11:19:19 am »
Here's a quote from Customs:

Duty is determined on the Customs value of the goods.  The Customs value of the goods is usually the amount you paid for your goods, converted to Australian currency.  The exchange rate that is used is the rate applied on the day the goods were posted or exported.

GST is paid on the Value of the Taxable Importation (VoTI).

The VoTI is the sum of:

the Customs value (Cval)
transport and insurance cost (or postage and insurance) (T&I)
any duty payable, plus
WET (if applicable).

So duty is payable on goods over $Aus1000 and GST is payable if and when the total value of the goods includng postage, etc is taken into account. Check out this link:  http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp

Cheers

Dave

That answers the question , cheers.  Looks like I'll cop GST on my heads even if I buy individually

Offline j1autotech

• Worked
  • MOCA VIC member 1828
  • Name: Justin
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 05:25:52 pm »
I ordered a new Grant steering wheel from Summit a few months ago.

Ordered on the Friday morning and recieved it on Monday afternoon in Melbourne.
I couldn't believe it when the girl at the front desk said that a DHL courier had just dropped off a steering wheel for me.
Postage was just over USD $70.

You could never get that in Australia I reckon.

J1

Offline yamahore

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm new here
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2013, 11:47:43 pm »
I ordered a new Grant steering wheel from Summit a few months ago.

Ordered on the Friday morning and recieved it on Monday afternoon in Melbourne.
I couldn't believe it when the girl at the front desk said that a DHL courier had just dropped off a steering wheel for me.
Postage was just over USD $70.

You could never get that in Australia I reckon.

J1

U.S to Oz postage system is quicker than East to West in Oz. Australia Post = Massive Fail

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2013, 08:28:47 am »
Broke my Summit cherry this week. I ordered a Magnaflow muffler and 6 Rancho shocks for my truck. Aus prices were not even close to what they could offer and when an Aussie salesman kept trying to push their product, they were pretty stunned when I told them what price they had to match to get the sale.

One of the items went onto back order and it said the 23/9 for expected arrival. Just got an email saying it was shipped out last night, the back order arrived 4 days early. After working in parts sales for years here in Aus, this is unheard of. We usually talked in weeks delay, which often turned into months.

So far so good.

One thing I noticed though is I selected the cheapest method of delivery, which I think was Iparcel? Then after I confirmed to send payment, it defaulted to DHL which was another $40 or something more. This happen to anyone else?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2013, 09:06:29 am »
just ordered my cam and timing gear , shipped price for the lot $100 cheaper than cam alone here with out shipping and to answer your question Ash , I selected Iparcel and it stayed with Iparcel .
cheers Shane
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2013, 02:14:18 pm »
Cheers, Shane.

When I look at the tracking details it says it's being delivered to "NSW outlying areas". That might explain why.

Offline 67fasty.sm

• Worked
  • Name: shane
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2013, 07:13:53 pm »
ah ok that could explain it , as mine would come to melb then straight up to bendigo and i am pretty sure Iparcel is delivered aussie post .
Cheers shane
Its funny how quick kids learn to drive a car, yet fail to understand a lawnmower.

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2013, 08:33:28 pm »
Wow, just checked again and it has hit Sydney this arvo. Left Ohio on Friday, then 2 days later it hits Sydney. As someone else said before, there is no way Aus Post could do it that fast.

Offline LA PONY

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm still new here
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2013, 11:10:37 pm »
 Below is the tracking details of my purchase from Summit...  4 days from the order was logged in Ohio, it arrived in Perth. Hope to have it tomorrow or Tuesday, can't complain about that I guess.
cheers Rob

Sunday, September 22, 2013  Location Time   
11 Customs status updated PERTH - AUSTRALIA  6:27 PM   
10 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG  10:45 AM   
9 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG  9:41 AM   

Friday, September 20, 2013  Location Time   
8 Clearance processing complete at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG  2:40 PM   
7 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG  2:40 PM   
6 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG  1:56 PM   
5 Customs status updated HONG KONG - HONG KONG  6:41 AM   

Thursday, September 19, 2013  Location Time   
4 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA  5:04 AM   
3 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA  4:34 AM   
2 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA  1:59 AM   

Wednesday, September 18, 2013  Location Time   
1 Shipment picked up MIDDLEBURG HEIGHTS, OH - USA  5:10 PM